PC - Tablet - Old Phone
Dec 11, 2018 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ksorota

1000+ Head-Fier
What is going to be the best source for my music?

Current Setup: I am currently streaming or playing music through a HP Z800 workstation and up until recently, it has been working flawlessly. The PC feeds a Chord 2Qute which then goes to the WA7tp amp. Recently I have started to get clicks and pops in the audio that I have not been able to track down. I swapped out cables, moved the placement of the Dac and Amp, and changed out power strips with temporary and minimal resolve. Just today, twice I started to get a high frequency tone as the audio output through my DAC which was resolved simply by reinserting the USB.

Quite related I suppose, is that recently one of the USB's on the motherboard quit working (keyboard just stopped working). I have a Xonar soundcard that I could install, but I was doing well via USB until recently. The biggest recent change to my desk setup is a new 4k monitor...could the new power requirements be creating interference in the system?

Should I be looking removing the pc from the equation and have a dedicated audio source?

What is everyone's preferred dedicated source...I know Ipads are very popular, but would a old wifi phone accomplish the same goal? I also have a NUC that is running Chrome OS that I could use, but that introduces the need for another monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back