PC Microphone
Mar 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Szadzik

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Guys,

I recently hanged my PC from an AIO to a regular desktop and I bought a monitor with a built-in camer - the Asus VK278Q. I found out that the monitor does not have a microphone though, and need one to use for Skype etc.

I went to my local Argos (I am in the UK) and bought a cheap one made by Trust. I have to dmit I was totally disappointed as the microphone works much worse than the double microphones I had in my AIO and I have on my laptop. 

Do you have any recommendations for a PC microphone at a good price - 50GBP max?

Thanks in advance,
Szadzik

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 5
I use the logitech desktop mic.  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-USB-Desktop-Microphone-980186-0403/dp/tech-data/B002XK1338   

2 of my friends also use it. It works pretty well, picks up sound clearly from a couple feet away and off to the side a bit, Non obtrusive. I'm thinking it might be amusing to get a really, really fancy studio microphone and some sort of equally obscenely nice interface to plug it into my computer -- I could have the clearest voice on VOIP, man.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 5
No input at all guys? Do you not use microphones for Skype :)

I'm using a Rode M3 for things like skype, TS and mumble. :)

I've got a few friends who use the logitech mic as well and I've never heard anything bad about it so far. Another option (if you're willing to stretch your budget a little) is the samson C01U. Not many other ones that I can think of in that price range. Note that you're likely not going to hear any difference between the logitech and the samson if you're planning on using it just for skype. In that case you might as well go for the cheaper option.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I had that same Logitech one on the radar, and will probably get it - unless I decide to buy a webcam, then I will choose something with a good dual array.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back