PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Nov 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #8,491 of 9,120
  Have you tried dmitriRender yet?  Not getting any stutters with a Intel 5Y71 CPU!  

Code Geass R1 Episode 01 - The Day a New Demon Was Born.mkv:
CPU Load ~89%
CPU Load (with dmitriRender enabled) ~90%

Your system should be alright lol

I get a much lower CPU load, and a high GPU load, but this does not really matter to me. 

dimitri is not free, and comparing it to SVP, it is almost like a version of svp with all settings to high, it renderes every movement in true 60fps, but introduces all the aliasing and artifacts in the process. 

What I am truly amazed about these days about is the madVR newest feature, edge thinning. It makes every content look from SD to FHD. Amazing thing. I am still looking for how to modify Nvidia drivers to enable MPC-HC by default, as they are disabled with every restart. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #8,493 of 9,120
  Ay, Yazen! You're back!

Thanks for noticing :)
University and work have kept me busy, but when I saw SVP in my email I cringed!  I hope life is treating you well.

How's the HD650 for gaming?

What I am truly amazed about these days about is the madVR newest feature, edge thinning. It makes every content look from SD to FHD. Amazing thing. I am still looking for how to modify Nvidia drivers to enable MPC-HC by default, as they are disabled with every restart. 

I have to try edge thinning sometime.  I do not know of a reliable method to enable MPC-HC after each reboot other than disabling Optimus altogether.  I'm sure you already tried adding a setting for it, however in case I am wrong:
  • Find program settings
  • Add MPC-HC exe
  • Set preferred graphics as Nvidia
  • Save/Apply
This worked for me when I had an Optimus laptop, but that was a few years ago.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #8,494 of 9,120
  Thanks for noticing :)
University and work have kept me busy, but when I saw SVP in my email I cringed!  I hope life is treating you well.

How's the HD650 for gaming?

I have to try edge thinning sometime.  I do not know of a reliable method to enable MPC-HC after each reboot other than disabling Optimus altogether.  I'm sure you already tried adding a setting for it, however in case I am wrong:
  • Find program settings
  • Add MPC-HC exe
  • Set preferred graphics as Nvidia
  • Save/Apply
This worked for me when I had an Optimus laptop, but that was a few years ago.

It does not work right now, I have to use Nvidia Inspector 

If I would had known how to disable Optimus, I would had done so a long time ago. 

Also, the edge thinning is amazing for anime, not so much for movies. But for anime, especially SD and lower res, it makes them look really nice, It takes away the blur around the edges, and leaves everything clean, nice, and high resolution looking. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #8,496 of 9,120
Nov 19, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #8,497 of 9,120
I wish I had a pair of 650s. ;~;
That picture was from a Head-Fi meet.

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?Search=SEARCH&action=disp&advanced=1&byuser=&containingforum%5B%5D=6550&newer=1&numupdates=&order=descending&output=all&replycompare=gt&sdate=0&search=HD650&sort=relevance&titleonly=0&resultSortingPreference=recency

If you're not above buying preowned.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #8,498 of 9,120
Today I played for 3 hours fallout 4, never played 3 or any other version. 

regret is all that I feel now. it is just so awful. The grapgics look great, clean and so detailed, but the gameplay, writting, voices, storyline, everything is just so amazingly cliche...

And here I was expecting that to be better than dying light or singularity. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #8,499 of 9,120
  Today I played for 3 hours fallout 4, never played 3 or any other version. 

regret is all that I feel now. it is just so awful. The grapgics look great, clean and so detailed, but the gameplay, writting, voices, storyline, everything is just so amazingly cliche...

And here I was expecting that to be better than dying light or singularity. 

HAHAHA. Yeah, I feel sorry for you.  

There's this youtube comment: "oops i spelt bethesda wrong, by correcting it i've put in more effort than they did with fallout 4"

and this video is pretty awesome too SPOILERSSSSSSSSSS:

OH NO the thumbnail!  Don't read the thumbnail... you're not missing anything anyways

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #8,500 of 9,120

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?Search=SEARCH&action=disp&advanced=1&byuser=&containingforum%5B%5D=6550&newer=1&numupdates=&order=descending&output=all&replycompare=gt&sdate=0&search=HD650&sort=relevance&titleonly=0&resultSortingPreference=recency

But guys... I have no monies and I'm saving for a pair of Rockets or Kickers.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #8,501 of 9,120
I read the thumbnail... noooooo!!

Oh well, money glitch / god mode time!! (Is it my imagination or are the boss mobs a lot tougher than in previous outings in the wasteland??)

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #8,502 of 9,120
I spent the last few days flushing rads and reworking water-cooling loops now that I have two loops' worth of components to play with. Couldn't help myself when I saw an XSPC dual D5/AX240 kit on eBay for less than half the Performance-PCs price, so I moved a lot of my old loop stuff back to my Q6600 setup.

Gotta say, that was a lot of work.

The loop still needs some improvements (big ones being a proper drain port, a GPU block and QD fittings), but I need my bank account to recharge first.

Q6600 setup not pictured because it's still in need of some big improvements before I feel like showing it off here.

Oh, and why didn't anyone warn me that for all their elegance and expense, compression fittings are a total PITA to actually screw on once the tubing's on the barb?

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #8,503 of 9,120
  I spent the last few days flushing rads and reworking water-cooling loops now that I have two loops' worth of components to play with. Couldn't help myself when I saw an XSPC dual D5/AX240 kit on eBay for less than half the Performance-PCs price, so I moved a lot of my old loop stuff back to my Q6600 setup.

Gotta say, that was a lot of work.

The loop still needs some improvements (big ones being a proper drain port, a GPU block and QD fittings), but I need my bank account to recharge first.

Q6600 setup not pictured because it's still in need of some big improvements before I feel like showing it off here.

Oh, and why didn't anyone warn me that for all their elegance and expense, compression fittings are a total PITA to actually screw on once the tubing's on the barb?

Your tubing runs seem a little long, that might make issues for the pump later on. More tubing = more friction = more restriction in the line.

Compression fittings... are compression fittings...? After you get it on the barb you have to compress the tubing to get a liquid seal...? And compression takes force? Eh?

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #8,504 of 9,120
Your tubing runs seem a little long, that might make issues for the pump later on. More tubing = more friction = more restriction in the line.

Compression fittings... are compression fittings...? After you get it on the barb you have to compress the tubing to get a liquid seal...? And compression takes force? Eh?

The slack in the tubing is intentional; I can't pull out the bay res for refilling if I cut the tolerances tighter.

If it proves too much for a single D5, I have a dual D5 bay res I can use if needed. I just don't see the realistic need for dual D5s with the loop as simple as it is; maybe if I threw in more Black Ice GTX rads and multiple GPU waterblocks, then I could see myself needing that kind of pumping power.

As for the compression fittings, it didn't help that I forgot about the hot water trick to loosen it up. It's not the tightness that's the problem: it's that the ring WON'T CATCH THE SHORT THREADS. No matter how hard I push, it won't QUITE catch the threads, and I'm pushing pretty damn hard, mind you!

Oh, and it's not just me, considering that this thread exists. Funny thing is, it's the XSPC fittings that are giving me more trouble with catching the threads than those Bitspower V3 angle fittings.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1536402/new-bitspower-fittings-do-not-fit-primoflex-tubes

In other news, overclocking my 4770K past 4.5 GHz is proving to be a pain. I thought I had 4.6 GHz stabilized, was going past 7 hours OCCT stable, but I woke up much later and yep, reboot, it failed.

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #8,505 of 9,120
I wish I had a pair of 650s. ;~;
That picture was from a Head-Fi meet.

Someday you will 
biggrin.gif

^ This, iff you are buying from a head-fi classified.  Purchased a used pair of ATH-A900 on eBay and ended up having to order parts from AT USA.  So dirty... So damn dirty...  Stupid low resolution photos XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back