Patting my ears on their lobes...
Jun 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

baka1969

Chaser of Ghosts
I have to say I'm impressed with my ears. I went to the Krap Shak today and purchased a Sound level Meter (33-2055) to volume match my headphones. I was using pink noise to match at 85db between my K-701 and the HE-5LE.

I use a 6" round cardboard cut out with a hole in the middle just big enough to slide the mic in and used to seal around the headphone pad to get a more accurate reading. I even have a rubberband spacer around the outside of the mic so when I put the cardboard cut out on the mic sticks out a consistent 1/4". I got the idea here on Head-Fi but I don't remember who to give proper credit to. Sorry.

Not only was I within 1db of getting to 85db, I was also within 1db of matching the two headphones. So all the times I was trying volume match, my trusy ears were doing a pretty decent job of it. This meter probably has a +/- .5 db margin of error, so I can pat my ears on their lobes for being so good to me. :)

Sorry for the ramble. LoL

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis  
" Congratulations on your ears!
You should take them out to dinner, but don't push them too hard to do something they don't want to, they're classy folk."

Hmmm... Classy? I think I'll treat them to some Mozart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back