Path to external microSDs for AK100 for playlists?
Jul 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread with an update.

Using Grumpy's tips from above, I've created my playlists for the AK100 in Media Monkey, exporting them as Playlist.m3u. Then loaded the files into Windoze Notepad. Using the find/replace tool, I've swapped the paths from the Windows paths to the correct paths on the AK as per above.

EG.
..\AK100\Music\Folder\Filename.mp3 => /nand3/music/Folder/ etc. AND,
..\SD Card\etc... => /mnt/SD1/etc.

You can use Replace to change all the remaining backslashes to forward slashes too. Takes just minutes to swap.

IMPORTANT! You must save the renamed file with a .pls extension and change the format from UTF8 to ANSI in the drop box of the save as dialog box.
And, I think some non-standard foreign characters like umlauts and acutes in folders or filenames aren't recognised by the playlist code even though they play in the AK100 from the library and folder sources. I've simply changed these paths where they are imported greyed out in the playlist.

Took a little experimenting to get this right but seems simple enough.

I did most of what you said above but I used a script to make a copy of each of my playlists in PLS format so I didn't have to do the last steps you mentioned. Keep in mind if you are going to go through all this effort be sure to back up your playlists on your hard drive. I never want to go through this BS again lol. Since I had well over 200+ playlists this took me quite a while to complete. I backed it up on 2 different hard drives as well as even having a copy of each playlist to each respective card on the AK120. If you ever decide to restore the device back to factory it will wipe all your playlists off of the internal memory.

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 24
200 playlists! You'd want a script with that many. I've never had more than 10 or so and decided to start from scratch with the AK100. I stopped at 5. :)

And writing scripts may be over the heads of some of us older guys let alone the patience to organise 200 playlists. You must be incredibly organised Jim! :xf_eek:

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
200 playlists! You'd want a script with that many. I've never had more than 10 or so and decided to start from scratch with the AK100. I stopped at 5.
smily_headphones1.gif

And writing scripts may be over the heads of some of us older guys let alone the patience to organise 200 playlists. You must be incredibly organised Jim!
redface.gif

It took a lot of patience to do that. Seriously I never want to do that again! lol :p The thing is I already had my portable music collection in m3u format all perfectly ready to go on Media Monkey. But iRiver products aren't working properly with playlists. I like to have all my music organized how I like it. Plus its much more convenient to access it all in one directory. Yes I am very anal like that :). I've noticed on other devices such as the DX100 that accessing music via playlists was not only more efficient but faster in terms of smoothness. Like it uses less resources than accessing the music directly via folder view. This isn't so much of an issue on the AK120 as it is already quite fast. But it's an interesting concept.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #20 of 24
This sounds like an insane amount of work to get playlists on the sd cards

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
This sounds like an insane amount of work to get playlists on the sd cards

If you have a lot of music yes lol.... That's why I archived it so I don't have to do this again. Really no excuse for such poor support but I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it sooner or later.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #22 of 24
I agree and hope they do get around to fixing this.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 24
What ticks me off is that they decided to release this as is. You KNOW they new how widespread playlist use was. I guarantee there was a meeting at one point where m3u, pls, etc were brought up and apparently, the resolution was: screw'em.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #24 of 24
iRiver has their work cut out for the now with Fiios X5. Fiio is going to decimate their profit margins IMO. The AK100 is not comparable :wink:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back