PART 1: Head-Fi's Preferred Open Dynamic Headphone
Jul 7, 2009 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

GuyDebord

1000+ Head-Fier
OK, this is a "scientific" poll to measure Head-Fi's community headphone of choice. Your vote is given to your favorite headphone (un-modded and currently in production) regardless of how many of them you have heard. The poll is limited to 10 options, therefore the poll consists of three parts. 30 options should be enough, sorry if your feelings were hurt for not including yours.

PLEASE VOTE ONCE, LETS MAKE THIS CREDIBLE!

LINK TO PART 2 (Beyerdynamic, Grado): http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/par...dphone-433143/
LINK TO PART 3 (Sennheiser, Sony, Ultrasone): http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/par...dphone-433144/

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 28
I have not heard everything listed in the poll; am I eligible to vote?
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 28
What, not AKG K1000? ...and not a single Stax either?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Way to limited choices...

Edit: Scrap the Stax part, as I did not catch that it said "dynamic"

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, not AKG K1000? ...and not a single Stax either?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Way to limited choices...

The idea is to vote on open dynamic models currently in production, I will make another poll for closed back.

Sorry for not including stax, they are a very specialized and unique niche, or do you suggest I include them?

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #5 of 28
Unmodded? Too bad, then Alessandro won't get my vote.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The idea is to vote on open dynamic models currently in production, I will make another poll for closed back.

I see. But note that you have listed several out-of-production headphones (Grado SR-325, RS-1, RS-2, GS1000)...
wink.gif

Quote:

Sorry for not including stax, they are a very specialized and unique niche, or do you suggest I include them?

You can forget those. Cause I missed the "dynamic" part of the thread topic(s)

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see. But note that you have listed several out-of-production headphones (Grado SR-325, RS-1, RS-2, GS1000)...
wink.gif

You can forget those. Cause I missed the "dynamic" part of the thread topic(s)

Ok, Ok, lets just add an "i" to all the Grado options...

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #8 of 28
If there are more than a small fistfull of people who have heard all 30 I shall be surprised.

People will simply vote for what they own, ergo, the biggest selling ones will win. I'd put favourite odds on the SR-60.

Speaking of Ergo, you didn't include them, and the poll is skewed because of different manufacturer saturations. More Grado options either = more votes for Grado, but more diluted per option, or the same number of votes for Grado, diluted per option. Theres also only one Ultrasone option, although some people might see that as a good thing.

In the end, this will be even more messy and even less reliable in outcome than the protracted affair over the polls for the best looking headphones.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Ok, Ok, lets just add an "i" to all the Grado options...

...and an is to the SR-325 option.
While the PS-1000 is in current production, and can stay as is.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there are more than a small fistfull of people who have heard all 30 I shall be surprised.

People will simply vote for what they own, ergo, the biggest selling ones will win. I'd put favourite odds on the SR-60.

Speaking of Ergo, you didn't include them, and the poll is skewed because of different manufacturer saturations. More Grado options either = more votes for Grado, but more diluted per option, or the same number of votes for Grado, diluted per option. Theres also only one Ultrasone option, although some people might see that as a good thing.

In the end, this will be even more messy and even less reliable in outcome than the protracted affair over the polls for the best looking headphones.

This poll is not about which is the best headphone (impossible to determine), but which one is the "headphone of choice" by the head-fi community, as stated in the intro of the poll.

It is also not about which is the best maker (also impossible to determine)

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #11 of 28
What does "headphone of choice" mean? There is no way that this will not be convoluted and messy.

Example: if you love the SR60, but haven't heard any other grados, might you simply vote for the RS-1 or PS1k simply because they are the "high end" of the thing that you like?

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

This poll is not about which is the best headphone (impossible to determine), but which one is the "headphone of choice" by the head-fi community, as stated in the intro of the poll.

It is also not about which is the best maker (also impossible to determine)

Reading my post, I can't seem to find where I said either of the things you say I was wrong about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back