Parametric EQ DSP between source and dac
Aug 26, 2021 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rayon

100+ Head-Fier
I've been trying to find a proper parametric eq hardware that I could place between a digital source and dac.

The pipeline would look like:

Linux/DAP/XXX -> OPT/USB -> Parametric EQ gadget -> OPT/USB -> Qutest

The point is that I would like to switch my source, but keep my EQ presets that straighten the frequency response of my headphones. Currently for example if I use WM1Z as a source for Qutest, there is no way for me to do this. Also I tend to get crackling sound with my work computer since sometimes there isn't enough resources for the EQ. An external EQ would have dedicated resources for that and just be much more convenient for my use case.

I've heard about Behringer DEQ2496 ( https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0146 ), but it's like 20 years old machine that seems to have QC issues (based on some random discussions in the internet). Also I wouldn't call that a thing of beauty...

All the mixers/EQ machines do digital-analog conversion at some point. It feels insane that there are no good solutions available for this. Please, help me fellow head-fiers!

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 5
But MiniDSP doesn't have UI and it's meant to be managed with Windows or MacOS. I'm using linux, so it's not optimal. I know I could somehow manage to play with things using VirtualBox or something but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back