Parametric EQ; Astell&Kern
Dec 5, 2018 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

szore

Headphoneus Supremus
I have recently purchased sp1000m, and in the eg settings, under advanced, there are 4 settings. On top left, freq, below that gain, below that q. Next to the gain there is another setting that is not labeled, what is that for can anyone tell me?

Thanks in advanced.

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 10
Center frequency?

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 10
Center frequency?
Isn't that determined by the 'frequency' setting?

The range goes from 0.0 to .09, as I adjust it I dont see the curve changing at all that's what I cannot figure out.
5rygjZC

https://imgur.com/a/5rygjZC
5rygjZC

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 10
It's probably a notch setting to adjust the shape of the correction. Try moving it and see if the shape changes.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 10
It's probably a notch setting to adjust the shape of the correction. Try moving it and see if the shape changes.

It's strange: I do not see any shape change when I adjust it, but when I adjust the gain setting to max, the option ghosts out, then becomes available again when I drop the gain down again one notch.

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 10
It must be some sort of fine tune for the gain so you can do more precise adjustments.

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 10
You'd think in our fabulous digital age, they could come up with an user interface that wouldn't require two scales to enter a single value!

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #9 of 10
You'd think in our fabulous digital age, they could come up with an user interface that wouldn't require two scales to enter a single value!

Yes, that interface would be a lot more intuitive if they used a single number instead of two scales. You really have to wonder who is doing their UI design.

What’s worse is that the manual (available on the AK website) doesn’t mention the two scales, let alone explain how to operate them.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 10
Yes, that interface would be a lot more intuitive if they used a single number instead of two scales. You really have to wonder who is doing their UI design.

What’s worse is that the manual (available on the AK website) doesn’t mention the two scales, let alone explain how to operate them.
Thanks guys, makes sense about the fine tune. Yes there are other elements of the UI I don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back