Panny RP-HJE900 vs Denon ah-c710
Aug 13, 2010 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

omgitsoop

Head-Fier
so after a fair amount of reading ive narrowed my choices down to two iem's for myself, but they seem to be the only two they have yet to be compared to each other, so i was wondering if anyones heard both? help me choose! please!

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 8
I vote you get the HJE900 from the for-sale board here for $80 to $90 shipped... and if they are too aggressive for you, or the mids aren't forward enough, you should be able to sell them quickly for what you paid, since the reviews have been so positive lately.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 8
I haven't heard the denons, but I love the HJE900s. The closest thing to a comparison I could think of is Joker's separate impressions of the two in his IEM review thread. Perhaps you should ask him though, as this is not a direct comparison, and your preferences may differ: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-98-iems-compared-xears-td100-ecci-pr300-visang-r01-added-08-11#post_6492055

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 8
mark2410 owns both and has commented on them before if you do a search for his posts
i also remember another thread directly comparing the two along with a third

Aug 14, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
mark2410 owns both and has commented on them before if you do a search for his posts
i also remember another thread directly comparing the two along with a third

lol i saw this thread last night and couldnt thnik of any comment to make.  personally i wasnt enamoured by either of them.  its not that eitheir of them are actually bad.  oh and both are super pretty.  its that both are so boombastic, both are subtle like a sledgehammer to the face.

if i had to pick one as being better id be inclined to say the 900 as its freeky weird lack of resonance is so interesting and it has a nice cable.  i hate the cable on the 710.  arguably the 710 is the most balanced of the two but both have huge bass.  in all seriousness if you picked based on what one looks better to you its a good a reason as any as i wouldnt say eitehr was actually better than the other, just different.

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 8
small update, i researched my brain into mush, ended up getting some visang R03's, we'll see how they do. Being disappointed by something that costs less than $100 is easier to take than being disappointed by something over $100. Of course, the day my visangs came in the mail i see that the hje900's are $80 on amazon, oh well, maybe next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back