Panasonic RP-HTF600-S? Semi-closed?
Sep 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lopo191

New Head-Fier
Hi guys~!!! I'm new to head-fi and this is my first post.

To provide a bit of background information....
When I first started searching for headphones, I was hoping to get a headphone that would put a emphasis on bass (but not extremely), sounds pretty good in all the other areas, are comfortable, and has a pretty solid build. AND from the information that I've researched over the past 2 months, the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S matched my standards. 

BUT, the catch was that it is a semi-closed headphone. From what I've heard, a semi-closed headphone gives off a lot of sound to the people next to me when I turn the volume up. 

The purpose of getting a headphone for me is to immerse me in music and not let others hear what I'm hearing. (I was thinking of hearing music with these headphones in a quiet, but public environment: library, school, etc.)

SO!! My question to the audiophiles and people who have used the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S before: Does the Panasonic let off a lot of noise in comparison to other closed headphones? (Other suggestions for headphones priced  ($30-80)  that would match the standards would be appreciated.)

Thanks a lot 

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 4
The plastic used on the HTF600-S is not very thick, so not the most durable headphones.
Check out the JVC HA-S500 ($56) or the HA-S400 ($30) headphones.
The HA-S500s have more bass then the HA-S400s.

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I guess I'll have to see the reviews about the JVC HA-S500. 
One last question. Does the JVC have similar sound quality as the Panasonics?

It's been months sense I've listened to my HTF600-S, later today I'll be able to compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back