Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Review
May 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #466 of 599
Err, I meant the paint markings where the cable enters the housing as well as the plug... like the 'L' and 'R' and panasonic logos 
Do you call that paint? I don't know, but it scratches off very easily

May 25, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #468 of 599
Hmmm,

Mines are still there I put the left one where the right one goes and the opposite. Or vice versa. 

Depends on if I'm in a right of left mood I'm usually a lefty. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Unless I decide to just do it the right way. 
blink.gif

May 25, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #469 of 599
I sometimes use the storage pouch just to keep the cable from getting tangled, but not because of any concerns of wear and tear.

May 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #471 of 599

Quote:
It's certainly much more useful than the EX1000's case 
biggrin.gif

Really?  MDR-EX1000's case look pretty nice to me.  But I do know MDR-EX700's rectangular foldout case was a huge pain to use.

May 27, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #472 of 599
Yeah the EX1000's case looks pretty alright but it is impossible to use! I've never actually got the IEMs tucked properly in even after spending 10 minutes trying to force them into place. Good thing you can take out that red holder thingy but the case is still far too big to carry around. It's currently an ornament on my table lol 
tongue.gif

May 27, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #473 of 599
I'm curious as to how deep people typically insert these?  I typically opt for a slightly bigger tip and get a seal that isn't as deep for most of my IEMs.. but considering the success i had with the DBA-02/Comply deep insertion.. I tried it on all my IEMs last night and was really surprised at how much more I like the sound.. mids are more forward across the board and treble is less harsh.. the HJE is included in this.. I used the smallest silicone tips from the Silver Bullet tip set so I can insert the Panny quite deep, getting a seal about as close to my ear drum and love how they sound.. soundstage narrows slightly but the mids came forward, treble sounds better textured and the bass is more balanced.. I'm definitely feeling this kind of sound.. and lord only knows how good the custom will sound if this is the kind of fit I can expect!

May 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #474 of 599

Quote:
I'm curious as to how deep people typically insert these?  I typically opt for a slightly bigger tip and get a seal that isn't as deep for most of my IEMs.. but considering the success i had with the DBA-02/Comply deep insertion.. I tried it on all my IEMs last night and was really surprised at how much more I like the sound.. mids are more forward across the board and treble is less harsh.. the HJE is included in this.. I used the smallest silicone tips from the Silver Bullet tip set so I can insert the Panny quite deep, getting a seal about as close to my ear drum and love how they sound.. soundstage narrows slightly but the mids came forward, treble sounds better textured and the bass is more balanced.. I'm definitely feeling this kind of sound.. and lord only knows how good the custom will sound if this is the kind of fit I can expect!

Yup I pretty much go over the ear and insert pretty deep w/ all my IEMs now.  I just get the cleanest, best seal possible w/o wrinkling the tips and give the IEM a clean shot to my ear drum.

May 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #475 of 599

Quote:

I prefer to use SA6 cable and wear over the ear for deeper insertion.

May 27, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #476 of 599
Yup, I don't think the stock cable allows a nice deep insertion compared to the freedom you get with the SA6 cable. I've been inserting deep for a while now, everything improved except the soundstage which gets narrower though I actually see it as a positive. I use small tips for the insertion and they are fitted very deeply to a point that it's a bit hard to see them in the ear. 

May 27, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #477 of 599

Quote:
Yup, I don't think the stock cable allows a nice deep insertion compared to the freedom you get with the SA6 cable. I've been inserting deep for a while now, everything improved except the soundstage which gets narrower though I actually see it as a positive. I use small tips for the insertion and they are fitted very deeply to a point that it's a bit hard to see them in the ear. 

I actually have no real issue w/ the cable as I thought the stock reliefs would be too long.  Works fine for me but I can see the advantage of the sleek cables for sure. 

May 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #479 of 599

Quote:
Anyone notice and sound improvement/degradation from the SA6 cable?

The SA6 cable is thinner, and generally smaller. Thus it allows for a deeper insertion, and hopefully a better seal. Expecting an improvement in sound quality as a result is not unreasonable.

May 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #480 of 599
No change in sound with SA6 cable, although it helps me get a better fit.  That said, I hate the cable; it has terrible build quality and I find it very awkward to get the phones situated in my ears with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back