PA2V2 Picking Up Radio
Mar 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Almighty

Head-Fier

Greetings!

So here's the situation. I'm using Audio Technica ATH-A700's which I've had for the better part of a year; which run to a PA2V2 amp to my Computer via 3.5mm jack. They've been wonderful and up until recently haven't had a single problem with. Until last night which I began hearing radio through my laptop, amp, or headphones.

I would play part of a song, it would start to scramble, I turn the song off, and I'm left with talk radio playing a 1/4 volume level which will decrease gradually to super quiet. 

Let me just point out that I'm a trained computer technician and even this has me scratching my head (+_+)

My troubleshooting process so far.

1.) Make sure there aren't any background processes running that got stuck (like flash or advertisements that crashed, but didn't stop completely).

- Nothing else was running

**Result: Still picked up radio after listening to music for 16 seconds

2.) Turn off any radio based technology (Wi-fi, bluetooth, in-built FM devices, TV's, etc).

- There was nothing in my household that was able to transmit or receive radio signals

**Result: Same as before. Still picked up radio.

3.) Check Power Source for Interference

- Power is clean going to the laptop and the AMP runs on battery only.

**Result: Same

4.) Check Power of AMP

- Changed to a fresh set of batteries

**Result: No more radio.

....wait what?

So my question to this forum is, Can an amplifier running at a low power output actually act as an AM/FM receiver?

***EDIT: Science T_T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back