P-51 Mustang - The time is right
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

luckybaer

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been using a PA2v2 at work with my Etymotic 'phones and iPod Touch 4th Gen.

I decided it was time to upgrade my sound at work, so I decided that I would start bringing my RSA Hornet to work.  By doing so (since I leave the amp at work), I would be without a portable amp at home.  I liked the Hornet's sound and the fact that it could pretty much drive any full-sized headphone I own, so I decided to see what Ray Samuels Audio had to offer.

After careful consideration (reading reviews like Skylab's), I decided to purchase a plain old black P-51 Mustang.  It looked to be the spiritual successor of the Hornet, capturing all that made the Hornet awesome (sound, quality of build, 3 levels of gain, ability to juice my headphones adequately) - except it came in a much smaller size.

Ray has already shipped it, and it should be in my hands on Wednesday, 3/13.  I can't wait to give it a twirl with my iPod.  I don't listen to my music very loudly, but the iPod and Etys together sound pretty mediocre when un-amped.  This headphone amp will allow me to listen to my music at a low volume without sacrificing sound quality - I guess the amp on the iPod is pretty bad.

Anyway, it has been a long time since I've purchased anything related to music (except music, of course), so I'm probably over-excited because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back