iriverdude

Banned
awesome

Red mist blankets Sydney as dust storm blows in - Times Online

Got worm sign?

sandworm.gif

tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 10
It was kind of cool to watch the sand storm as the day sky turned orange.

Some great quotes from that article:

"It did feel like Armageddon because when I was in the kitchen looking out the skylight there was this red, red glow coming through," she said.

And

"This is unprecedented. We are seeing earth, wind and fire together," Dick Whitaker from the Weather Channel said.
(I love that band)

At least when Armageddon comes I won't have to clean the horrid orange mud left by the dust storm out of my pool.
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was kind of cool to watch the sand storm as the day sky turned orange.

Some great quotes from that article:

"It did feel like Armageddon because when I was in the kitchen looking out the skylight there was this red, red glow coming through," she said.

And

"This is unprecedented. We are seeing earth, wind and fire together," Dick Whitaker from the Weather Channel said.
(I love that band)

At least when Armageddon comes I won't have to clean the horrid orange mud left by the dust storm out of my pool.
biggrin.gif

How's the air? Is it hard to breathe?

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the air? Is it hard to breathe?

The air was fine to breathe - really. The dust was, IMHO, no more of an irritant than the spring pollens floating around at this time of the year.

The news made it sound all very dangerous and such, but it was pretty tame. It looked very eerie, but that was about the extent of it.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #10 of 10
Saw it on the news yesterday!
The red sky looked awesome. Although I am sure it might have been a different experience to see it live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back