Owl City - sounds alot like the postal service
Jun 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #47 of 52

Quote:
Nah, I know what you meant. Just reading back what I had said it sounded a little harsh... thought I'd give him a little slack.
biggrin.gif

its ok...you just said you opinion mate,nothing was wrong with the words you said it but i just said my opinion back to continue the conversation.  what i was trying to say is that i think  owl city is not garbage like most mainstream music made today (sorry if anyone gets offended by this) and that's a thing i can appreciate.  bot not everyone has to like it ofcourse.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #48 of 52
I got "ocean eyes" album today, very nice imo.  this is the kind of music makes you happy and i think that more music like this will make  people better!  (with all the respect for death metal
smile.gif
)

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #49 of 52
they sound more like suck

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #52 of 52
I don't get it.  The only things Owl City has in common with the Postal Service are the creative lyrics and the music being electronic.  The synths don't sound similar, the chord structures aren't even close to each other, the voices are different (seriously, the lengths people will go to attempt to compare things), the song structures are completely different, and at the end of all of this, you will still be saying that an apple ripped off an orange, just because they are both fruits.
Seriously, what are you guys doing here if you can't even pick out every single nuance of sound.  That's like a Whovian that only reads fanfics.

Edit: I've been listening to the Postal Service lately, and they use old, analog synths while Owl City uses the newer synths.  Just wanted to clarify that before someone using beats solos wanted to correct me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back