Overpriced Cable Manufacturer Prints Its Own Money To Keep Its Business Afloat
May 31, 2018 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bigshot

Headphoneus Supremus
ardviuigpzm3tmq8ifmi.jpg

Monster Cable is creating its own cryptocurrency to get a quick influx of cash to avoid the inevitable...
https://gizmodo.com/monster-cables-plan-for-saving-its-failing-business-is-1826447061

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 10
I guess they know how to do everything except produce a quality product for a fair price

May 31, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 10
Pretty sure they mfg a lot of things that the market has disappeared on, with blutooth,computer audio ect marching forward.They haven't been a pure audio company for years.Think i read they have about 6000 items they sell and/or mfg....dangerous game with things changing as quick as they do nowadays .

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 10
Monster Cable deserves it's fate. Expensive and falsely advertised products aside, they are one of the most litigious companies I've ever encountered. If you think you've seen trademark protection overreach before, enjoy this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Cable#Trademark_disputes
If you think their cables are expensive you need to get out more lol.Noel Lee figured out pretty quick that you can sell a lot more 100$ cables than you can 1000$ cables.So if you are looking to vilify this guy you might wamt to look upmarket instead.He started the cable thing....but he didn't take it into the stratosphere.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #8 of 10
If you think their cables are expensive you need to get out more lol.Noel Lee figured out pretty quick that you can sell a lot more 100$ cables than you can 1000$ cables.So if you are looking to vilify this guy you might wamt to look upmarket instead.He started the cable thing....but he didn't take it into the stratosphere.

I was more vilifying him for the ridiculous litigation than the cable pricing, though Monster definitely got into the $1000 cable market at their “peak”.

Have to say, I’m not feeling the “Noel Lee is a snake oil salesman, but not the worst snake oil salesman.” defense.

Regardless, I doubt either of us will be investing in Monster crypto currency that will have the value of Blutarsky’s GPA in Animal House when Monster meets its seemingly inevitable corporate demise.

“Mr. Blutarsky - zero point zero”

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 10
Monster produced some good DTS multichannel recordings.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 10
I was more vilifying him for the ridiculous litigation than the cable pricing, though Monster definitely got into the $1000 cable market at their “peak”.

Have to say, I’m not feeling the “Noel Lee is a snake oil salesman, but not the worst snake oil salesman.” defense.

Regardless, I doubt either of us will be investing in Monster crypto currency that will have the value of Blutarsky’s GPA in Animal House when Monster meets its seemingly inevitable corporate demise.

“Mr. Blutarsky - zero point zero”
agreed.....and Bluto seemed like he might be fun to have a beer with despite his gpa :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back