Over the ear headphones under $100
May 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

abhimanyu316

New Head-Fier
hi
im looking for a pair of headphones for about 100$. i want to use them mostly for movies and music on my laptop. i wont b using any amp. i found ath-m35 and ath-ad700. plzz give ur suggestions. u can also suggest apart from these two. i dont have much knowledge on this. plzz help.

May 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 4
I highly suggest the Creative Aurvana Live!.  They ring in at just under $100 and are one of the more affordable headphones that still sound really good.

Here is Tyll's review of them:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate

I liked them when I did my testing and for $100 they are really hard to surpass in sound quality.

The ATH-AD700 you mention above are huge headphones and not really portable.  They are also open headphones so sound leakage will be prominent as well as outside noise getting in.  The Creative Aurvana Live! are sealed and will give you much better isolation.

I have not heard the ATH-M35, but for me the Audio Technica within reach worth mentioning is the ATH-M50, but those are more like $150 new.

May 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 4
If you do not have to deal with outside noise.
Samson SR850 or Superlux HD-668B are semi-open, good sound, easy to drive, low price headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back