Over ear headphones 150€
Mar 22, 2020 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Alekso93

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody, I have a sennheiser Amperior and wanna switch to an over ear design. I really like the sound of the Amperior but I'd like something with a bit less high harshness that's a bit warmer and musical. I narrowed it down to these 4

1) Audio technica ATH MSR7b (162€) I tried the original version and was blown away with the clarity, although I would've liked a bit more bass. I guess this b version should address that issue. In which case I'd buy this

2) Sony MDR-1AM2 (127€) I get these are super comfy but I'm afraid the sound would be a downgrade from the sennheiser? I tried the first wersion and thought it was quite dark and not very in your face like the Amperior

3) v Moda crossdafe 2 wireless rose gold (131€) I loved my old m80 and XS, but thought the Amperiors smashed their SQ. Tried the M100 and thought it wasn't as exciting as the Amperior and less detailed. More muddy and less "hi-fi". But I absolutely love the design and everything else. I just would like to avoid wireless cause I plan ok keeping them for at least 4-5 years and don't want the battery to die. But if they sound like an improved m100 when wired I might take these

4) v Moda crossdafe m100 master (148€). Same as wireless 2 but I like that I don't have to worry about the battery part. Does it sound better or like the cross-fade 2?

5) audio technica ATH SR9 (180€). these seem to be the most "hi-fi"of them all but I absolutely have no idea how they are and if pads are removable for durability purposes. They're supposed to sound like a more refined msr7 though?

What do you people think I should get? The headphones would all be second hand but with Amazon warehouse warranty. Do you think that's safe? They're stated to be from very good to like-new conditions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back