Out of the loop on IEMS
Oct 27, 2011 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Laokid18

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody its been a while since I have been on headfi and I am out of the loop on iems. Last time I bought a iem was about  a year ago  and I was wondering if anybody could help me find a iem that has the sound that I want. I listen to alot of electronica/dubstep and punk rock so I want an iem with deep hitting bass with no bloat and clear forward midrange. Treble should  be sparkly but not be to bright sounding. Trying to hit below a hundred dollars on this, any ideas? For reference  I had the JVC Black Series HA-FXC80s and I liked them but found the midrange  recessed and the soundstage a little to small.

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hi everybody its been a while since I have been on headfi and I am out of the loop on iems. Last time I bought a iem was about  a year ago  and I was wondering if anybody could help me find a iem that has the sound that I want. I listen to alot of electronica/dubstep and punk rock so I want an iem with deep hitting bass with no bloat and clear forward midrange. Treble should  be sparkly but not be to bright sounding. Trying to hit below a hundred dollars on this, any ideas? For reference  I had the JVC Black Series HA-FXC80s and I liked them but found the midrange  recessed and the soundstage a little to small.

Refurbished Sennheiser IE7s from DAKmart. com. $99.00 for them and they are an authorized sennheiser dealer. They are mid centric with a huge sound stage and lots of bass. Should do well for your music. They take a long time to burn in about 220 hours to sound their best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back