Our trip around Australia
Apr 22, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 10
Be sure to stay at Coral Bay - it's extremely beautiful, and unlike the barrier reef, the reef is only a few metres from the shore. If you're in Coral Bay or Exmouth in April-July you could go snorkelling with whale sharks (expensive though, about $350), but looks like you'll be there later in the year.

By the way, that map's a little dodgey - Coral Bay is a bit below Exmouth, way further north of Monkey Mia.

Have a great trip.

Apr 22, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 10
*pure envy*

Actually i've seen most of the west coast, and the north east coast. It is an amazing country, as much for its nature as its culture.

Just dont get stranded in the outback....that'd suck.

-Fizz

Apr 22, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 10
wow that looks like an amazing vacation. You Assies are so lucky with the time you get for vacations... This trip will take about a year, right?

Apr 22, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm not sure about that map on my blog. Maybe it is wrong but I'd have to check.

"solar chargers?" I've looked into solar panels but have decided on an extra AGM battery. Solar panels seem like too much trouble and expense. I hope to write more about the equipment on the blog.

Yeah the trip will take about a year. I've been working full time for twenty years. I'm 37 yo, with a wife but no kids. I need a break. It's the trip of a lifetime for us. We're not wealthy, but we have the chance to do it. We'll be camping in a tent for most of the trip.

edit: we get 4 weeks vacation per year in australia. I can do this because I have no kids and have been working for 20 years.

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 10
I'd definitely second Exmouth and around Shark bay.

Beautiful spots, great fishing if you're into that.

Broome apparently is nice but haven't experience it personally, maybe buy the significant other a pearl.
wink.gif

Natures window in the gorges at Kalbarri is stunning, pretty nice beaches there.

Then as you get closer to perth, lancelin has some great dunes for 4wding.

Brunswick junction is also meant to be another good spot for 4wding, that's a few hours south of perth, east of bunbury IIRC.

Yeah, solar panels are a rip. Anyway have fun, I often go on the occasional adventure with a mate, my Sierra, his Niva. Niva.. tehehehe...
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #9 of 10
Yeah - things move pretty slowly down here. Most of us get about 80 weeks off a year, and you can accumulate them.
plainface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 450 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you essentially get 80 weeks off? Sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back