Ortofone e-Q5 short review
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mxg284

New Head-Fier
Just got my e-Q5s in the mail today.  Ordered from Alo and were packaged very well.  All I can say is wow.  Night and day difference between those and the old Apple earbuds.  Isolation is good, soundstage is amazing and I can now hear instruments that I previously couldn't.

They seem like they will stay in my ear quite well while running and working out, so extremely pleased.  Thanks to everyone who recommended them!

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Probably wont stay while running or working out.

Oh, and if these have laser etched logo then be wary of any abrasion caused by that. Keep the etched logo at the top while inserting.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Sorry for bringing this back to life, but it has been almost exactly a year since I have had these and they are still going strong.  Using the medium sized tips, they create a tight and isolating fit (for me).  Sometimes I still use the Apple earbuds when the weather is bad and I don't want to get my e-Q5s wet and when I go back to them later that day, it is a totally different experience.  Love them.

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 8
I've had the EQ-5 and EQ-7 and loved them both (especially the EQ-5)
  I often think of getting another pair, but keep wondering if Ortofon might release a 
new IEM and fix the few issues I had with the EQ-5 (lack of cable cinch and not being ideal for use on the go)

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #7 of 8
  I've had the EQ-5 and EQ-7 and loved them both (especially the EQ-5)
  I often think of getting another pair, but keep wondering if Ortofon might release a 
new IEM and fix the few issues I had with the EQ-5 (lack of cable cinch and not being ideal for use on the go)

I think they are already releasing a successor. Ortofon EQ8 ?

http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11651912779.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back