Oriveti IEMs - 2023/2024 new line-up
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #31 of 233
but what about sound and goosebumps? Let's see that in a 2-3 weeks hopefully.
The legendary F700 goosebumps scale must be used here :beerchug:

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #32 of 233
The legendary F700 goosebumps scale must be used here :beerchug:
My next review will introduce the "goosebumps" scale. It has to be trademarked! :sunglasses: I have been the Goosebumps hunter since 37 years now. It will never stop.

While listening the OH700VB via Romi BX2-PRo and Calyx M a few days ago:
cd6641a1-f925-42f4-9213-e7c165117511.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #33 of 233
Your review is so spot on that I don't need to write another one. You told and covered everything. Hats off.

The OH700VB, not only because of their tuning, but also due to their price tag, might polarize some people. Personally, I am blown away by those and knowing I have an AüR Ascension coming very soon, I am looking forward to comparing both. From a graph perspective, yes, two different animals, but what about sound and goosebumps? Let's see that in 2-3 weeks hopefully.
Thank you, you flatter me would still love to see your impressions and any others to me these are summit quality for my tastes and library

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #34 of 233
Thank you, you flatter me would still love to see your impressions and any others to me these are summit quality for my tastes and library
I surely will post some impressions about those over the weekend.

But look, I am not someone who likes parroting reviewers or impressions givers, provided they have told merely everything I thought about a certain device or transducers. Glad you are flattered, but you did an amazing, concise, to the point review exercise. I have read the other reviews you have written. All of them are good or great, but this one man, this represents a perfect balance of length, great pictures, personal experience talk and information for potential buyer. You nailed it. Point. Awesome work has to be recognised as such and praised.

Once more, glad to have you here mate.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #35 of 233
I'm listening to Yes 90125 album woh! Talk about details sounds like I'm in the aircraft hanger they recorded it in. Got to love 1980s productions!

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #36 of 233
I'm listening to Yes 90125 album woh! Talk about details sounds like I'm in the aircraft hanger they recorded it in. Got to love 1980s productions!
Owner of a Lonely Heart? This is a tune.

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #37 of 233
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #38 of 233
1701991662261.png

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #39 of 233
Some impressions of OD200:
Out of the box, it seemed a little thin. There was some bass response but not an abundance. It think that may get better as it burns in some. The timbre and overall color of the IEM is somewhat warm. There are details and solid instrument placement but the staging seems a little tight. While I did get some semblance of 'airiness', it was very dependent of the file type. The lower resolution rates were ok but where it shined was with some decent 24/96 files. Even some higher bit rate redbook stuff still was good. It is only a single 9.8mm DD. You can swap the 'filters' on the tip to either enhance bass (black) or treble (silver). I tried both and liked the silver best.

It is very early days without much head-time so I need to really give it a good couple hours of time with it before I can maker any definitive judgments.

The packaging and presentation were excellent. Box was solid with a 'drawer' for all the accessories. Foam-cut inserts everywhere. You can't really tell from the horrible cell phone picture but the actual shell has a British racing green tint to it. It is an all metal construction on the shell. Has a nice green accent on the stitching of the leather holder, nice touch. The cable feels pretty solid and the only thing I dislike is the preformed ear loops. May need to cut those free. What was super nice was that the tips have the ability to change. It's a modular design allowing you to trade for a 3.5 SE to a 2.5 and 4.4 balanced tip. Not sure if that'll enter any noise into the long-term but nice that it'll be easy to change source without to having to disconnect the IEM side.

These are very musical. Sort of v-shaped but really a little more W if had to be pressed. I ran my round of test tracks to evaluate what I was hearing. While I heard some great renditions, some failed without enough bass or detail to come through. I used my R6iii, M11S, R3 Pro and RS2 as sources. Nothing was EQ'd.

I was not in the market for a new IEM. But given the discount and appeal of a new DD, I jumped at it. This is a great piece for its price point. I have the Oriveti OH500 (which I really like). I'll do a comparison later but it's not an apples to apples as the OH500 is hybrid BA/DD while the OD200 is only a DD.

Initial gut reaction: I like the sound signature enough to say it's a keeper. More to come.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #40 of 233
I live for the 80's

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #41 of 233
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #42 of 233
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #43 of 233
Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #44 of 233
Gotta say the reviews have me thinking a pair of 200s might be making its way into my Xmas stocking this year. I've been in the market for a good single DD IEM, but I've been wanting to stay away from the usual Chi-Fi offerings - for whatever reason every single Chinese made IEM I own with a dynamic driver has savage driver flex (even when using foam eartips). Seems driver flex isn't an issue for the OD200, and it doesn't have the typical Chi-Fi tuning either, so that's also an even bigger bonus.
A quick question about the nozzles… what's the size? I ask cause I have a couple other IEMs with detachable nozzles and was wondering if there was any chance that other nozzles might be compatible. @PeacockObscura , I think I've see you posting on the IMR thread. Would the IMR nozzles fit?

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #45 of 233
Gotta say the reviews have me thinking a pair of 200s might be making its way into my Xmas stocking this year. I've been in the market for a good single DD IEM, but I've been wanting to stay away from the usual Chi-Fi offerings - for whatever reason every single Chinese made IEM I own with a dynamic driver has savage driver flex (even when using foam eartips). Seems driver flex isn't an issue for the OD200, and it doesn't have the typical Chi-Fi tuning either, so that's also an even bigger bonus.
A quick question about the nozzles… what's the size? I ask cause I have a couple other IEMs with detachable nozzles and was wondering if there was any chance that other nozzles might be compatible. @PeacockObscura , I think I've see you posting on the IMR thread. Would the IMR nozzles fit?
I'll check tomorrow as it's past 2am here and I'm just chilling before sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back