Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 23, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #1,816 of 8,096
Serious question, why wouldn’t you take it with you?
True!! Besides, at least the stock design of the Traillii won’t attract thieves. One would wear their Rolex or AP out, so why not the Bird.... with care of course. You can‘t bring your favorite Dynaudios with you, so why not your Traillii. That’s a huge part of what makes IEMs so special.

May 23, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #1,817 of 8,096
True!! Besides, at least the stock design of the Traillii won’t attract thieves. One would wear their Rolex or AP out, so why not the Bird.... with care of course. You can‘t bring your favorite Dynaudios with you, so why not your Traillii. That’s a huge part of what makes IEMs so special.

Yep, portability for me will forever make me an IEM guy. I’m walking around my house doing random things with them in my ears as we speak. Couldn’t imagine doing this with headphones lol.

May 23, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #1,818 of 8,096
When I travel with ODIN folks almost always ask me what they are. I don't think Trailli will attract that attention.

May 23, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #1,819 of 8,096
When I travel with ODIN folks almost always ask me what they are. I don't think Trailli will attract that attention.
No one has ever asked me, in terminals, planes, even going through security, not a peep.
And on the last flights I took the C9 two DAPs and another IEM.

Could be not many people even know what IEMs are. Just think they are buds. They may see things at shows in musicians ears but never give it much thought as something they may enjoy.

I bet if I had a crazy expensive watch on people would notice.

I actually think it is good that no one noticed.

So far no travel outside the US may be different elsewhere.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,820 of 8,096
No one has ever asked me, in terminals, planes, even going through security, not a peep.
And on the last flights I took the C9 two DAPs and another IEM.

Could be not many people even know what IEMs are. Just think they are buds. They may see things at shows in musicians ears but never give it much thought as something they may enjoy.

I bet if I had a crazy expensive watch on people would notice.

I actually think this it is good that no one noticed.
I had the R8, DX300 and kept the M8. It is my travel DAP as my SP2000 has too much glass, scared it will slip and fall. Folks I sit next to on the plane are the ones that notice ODIN and I feel the proverbial tap on the arm. Two weeks ago I was traveling with the X and had a Romi Zero cable attached and someone said that is the largest cable I have ever seen on "earbuds".

May 23, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #1,822 of 8,096
Can confirm. He sent me a photo of his suitcase. Traillii were packed in van nuys case next to zebra print thong.
And my Clock Work Orange nose inside the thong

May 23, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #1,824 of 8,096
I forgot to mention that. Must’ve been too distracted by the fake eye lashes and foundation.
Not that there is anything wrong with that...you will be cancelled if you keep that up

May 23, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #1,826 of 8,096
And my Clock Work Orange nose inside the thong

Oh, common guys. You know this is Head-fi, so.......... where the heck are the pictures?!?!? :D

May 23, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,827 of 8,096
Oh, common guys. You know this is Head-fi, so.......... where the heck are the pictures?!?!? :D
Alex....don't encourage him please. I have a music recommendation. Do yourself a favor put on at least the first two tracks from Tony Allen's Rejoice release.

May 23, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #1,829 of 8,096
After reading the last few posts, I think I am already regretting becoming a member of the Bird Owners Association.

May 24, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #1,830 of 8,096
I had the R8, DX300 and kept the M8. It is my travel DAP as my SP2000 has too much glass, scared it will slip and fall. Folks I sit next to on the plane are the ones that notice ODIN and I feel the proverbial tap on the arm. Two weeks ago I was traveling with the X and had a Romi Zero cable attached and someone said that is the largest cable I have ever seen on "earbuds".
Yes in my experience the cable usually attracts the most attention, e.g. an 8W pure silver cable or Leo II. Apart from Odin which is really flashy, the IEMs usually not so much. The Bird cable is thick but black. I haven't had the chance yet, but will definitely take the Bird on trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back