Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
Sep 11, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #527 of 587
Sep 11, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #528 of 587
How much does Isabellae respond to cable change? And, what cable material?

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #529 of 587
How much does Isabellae respond to cable change? And, what cable material?
So far, The Satin Athena is the best by far cable I have used on Isa. I am breaking in an Eletech Iliad at the moment to see if it is noticably better. It will be fully cooked next Friday.
Isa with Athena and Shanling M8 is the best sounding IEM combo that I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #530 of 587
Eletech Iliad breaking in attached to Kinera Na Na 2.0 Pro for the break in. Satin Audio Zeus 4 wire arriving today, That should be enough Flagship cables for me.
Congratulations, both are excellent cables.

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #531 of 587
So far, The Satin Athena is the best by far cable I have used on Isa. I am breaking in an Eletech Iliad at the moment to see if it is noticably better. It will be fully cooked next Friday.
Isa with Athena and Shanling M8 is the best sounding IEM combo that I have ever heard.
I am waiting out the musicteck re-stock. Nothing I have on hand is better than the Isa stock cable for me right now with the Ti as source.
Treble is not as rough with r-2r, but I still feel I could get an upgrade with a better cable. One that doesn't alter the presentation as much as the ones I have seem to.
I can fix frequency peaks, but the vibe dies.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #532 of 587
I am waiting out the musicteck re-stock. Nothing I have on hand is better than the Isa stock cable for me right now with the Ti as source.
Treble is not as rough with r-2r, but I still feel I could get an upgrade with a better cable. One that doesn't alter the presentation as much as the ones I have seem to.
I can fix frequency peaks, but the vibe dies.

I'm in love with the Isa + Totem combination. It works to Isas strengths and refines it further. I would recommend people give it a go if they don't want drastic change and just enhancement :)

_DSC2315.jpg

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #533 of 587
I'm in love with the Isa + Totem combination. It works to Isas strengths and refines it further. I would recommend people give it a go if they don't want drastic change and just enhancement :)

_DSC2315.jpg
Those colors together though!! 🤤

Sep 12, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #534 of 587
Just got my isabellae in a couple days ago. Love it so far. Like others have said, vocals are very good. Have Def been digging the single dd iems lately.
I didn't even think about swapping cables with it. I need to start checking them out if they can make the Isa shine even more. It's already pretty amazing

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #535 of 587
Yes, I think so, too. The Athena goes very well with Isa. And the cable is great and doesn't cost a few thousand dollars straight away. I'm curious about your impressions of Zeus with the Isas.

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #536 of 587
Although my Isa is up for sale (need to still pay off the Traillii), I do want to get a chance to try it out with the big bird's 1960's cable seeing how much it is meant to respond to cable rolling. Should also get to try out an Effect Audio Cleo soon which I suspect may be a very good pairing too.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #537 of 587
While my Isa is up for sale (still paying off the Traillii), I do want to get a chance to try it out with the big bird's 1960's cable seeing how much it is meant to respond to cable rolling. Should also get to try out an Effect Audio Cleo soon which I suspect may be a very good pairing too.
I'm finding the Cleo/Thor is an excellent combination for both the Isa and Reborn, and I picked up an OC Studios Frozen Cable from the classifies as that also is a beautiful pairing (for the Oriolus sisters and my LX.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #538 of 587
Really impressed by how thoroughly natural Isa sounds (with WM1A). Makes me think of a woodwind instrument, a delicacy, tenderness there, and organic density. Properties to which I am unaccustomed in DD iems. I thought all DDs sounded punchy before Isa.
It gets even better with the 1Z balanced out :) Smooth, better resolution, more balanced neutral (less bright) with some added body in the lower-mids and bass

By the way, loving the sound of Isa through these Sony silicone tips (I think they're EX-EP11 model). Though attaching them was a pain. More felt bass thump, and tamer upper-mids due to the smaller bore and thin elastic material
61-Ym-Ox4-SHFL-AC-SL1500.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #539 of 587
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #540 of 587
My Isa is finally home and I couldn’t be more excited 😍🔥

I was exploring some single DD IEMs and somehow Oriolus Isabellae got my attention. After reading few impressions I decided to take the plunge and I’m so excited to finally have it, thanks to Jaben SG
I read that the Isabellae was in the making for seven years, and after only few hours of usage I can see why the Old Man took so long to tune these beauties.

Sharing some of my initial impressions here:

The tonality on Isabellae is amazingly natural and balanced. Very first thing that surprised me is how it delivers Vocals - ever so natural, life-like and full of details. And the vocals are very nicely blended with the instrumentation.

Treble is crisp and well extended with plenty of air. I did not find it harsh or bright with my source gear but I have a feeling it has the tendency to sound marginally bright on bad pairing to those with sensitive ears. But IMO this should pair well with most of the warm & neutral sources. I am yet to try it with multiple devices and can share more on this later.

WRT Bass - (I am still ODing on the bass experience I get from Z1R, so your experience may differ from mine). But the bass on Isabellae is perhaps something unusual (in a good way) and is tuned very smartly keeping the overall tonality in mind. Right off the bat, I think it has more mid bass presence than sub-bass and one may find it lacking when it comes to rumble and weight as compared to other DD IEMs. I usually prefer nice and punchy bass amount other things, but I do believe that any further emphasis in bass tuning would colour the overall sound on Isa and it will no longer sound as natural as it does. I’m yet to try different pairings to figure this out better.

The overall sound is very engaging and has lots of emotion to it. One can easily spend hours listening to it without any fatigue.

I also quite like how it looks. In terms of comfort it’s very good, light weight and easy to use even with the nozzle size which is bigger than usual IEMs. It comes with a 4.4 balanced cable in stock form which is awesome!!

Very satisfying purchase and I look forward to spending a lot more time with it in the days to follow.
F4F77F15-EBD9-4A4C-B303-41EF7188A5DA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back