Ordering from ALO Audio
Oct 5, 2010 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

animalsrush

500+ Head-Fier
Can someone relate your experience of ordering from ALO Audio. I placed an order for a Sony LOD on Friday and it is Tuesday and i have not heard any acknowledgment of my payment or or order confirmation ( Paypal already shows payment fulfilled). I sent an email yesterday ( As it is said on ALO Site that they can't really respond to phone calls) and haven't heard back either. I find that very unprofessional. But this seems to be a trend on this website for some vendors ( I am waiting for my PICO from past 5 months) . I don't know anyone would tolerate this with any vendor online. This is really frustrating. I think head -fi as a site should put disclaimers so that people are aware what to expect from these vendors

Thanks
PC

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 11
While I agree with you that some vendors do take a very long time for orders, responding to emails etc. , I think in this case you are jumping the gun here. its only been two days if you take out the weekend (which most vendors go by business days)...

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 11
I can attest to how busy Ken is, (a lot of cable work, plus he's moving shops).  If you've dealt with him before, you wouldn't be worried.  Plus I think he takes tuesdays off, weird yes, but his choice.  

I wouldn't worry. 

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 11
Ken who runs ALO was out of town for the weekend attending a Head-Fi meet - I know because I was at the meet. So maybe you should allow more time for a response.

As for non-instant responses, most Head-Fi vendors are small businesses (ALO, Head-Direct, Woo, RSA, etc), or in some cases one-man operations (HeadAmp). While that's not really an excuse, it's really only valid to expect same-day (or next-day) responses from larger companies or dealers (HeadRoom, TTVJ). Also, most vendors build to order and don't carry in-stock items. It's completely unreasonable to compare manufacturers of audio gear (luxury items) to typical e-commerce retailers (i.e., Amazon or NewEgg) which I'm guessing is what you meant by "any vendor online".

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 11
Patience
wink.gif

ALO are serious people

they must have a lot of work

I've never had a problem with my purchases

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #6 of 11
My sincere apologies to Ken and ALO audio. He did respond on Monday but for some reason the email filter put that in the junk folder. He followed up with another email today with the status but that went through. So i am all good and once please accept my apology

Thanks
PC

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #8 of 11
I'm on my fifth LOD cable from Ken, all the higher-end products,  plus an iMod with those special LODs and he's always been very prompt at both responding and very patient with questions and answers.  To my mind, he's one of the best vendors on this forum

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Hey thanks guys.

I do answer the phone when I can so please do not be afriad to call ok!

Thank you all for your patience :wink:

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back