Ordered my LCD-2's this week need an Amp and separate DAC
Apr 6, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

WarriorAnt

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered my LCD-2's this week.  I tried reading the threads for Amp recommendations for the LCD-2 but after many days I got up to page 75 and my eyes burst and exploded from my head.

I have an average of $1K to spend on an amp and $1K for a DAC.     I've had many tube amps for my speaker rigs in my life and I love the sound of tubes but I cannot deal with the changing, rolling, and different sound of various tube thing (doesn't mean I can't be tempted though). So solid state it is.   1K is not a hard ceiling on the amp or DAC.  I'm looking to buy something thats going to be in my system pretty much for good, I'm not so much interested in gear anymore or exploring different pieces of gear,  I just want something that delivers the goods to the LCD's.    I don't even like headphones all that much preferring my music to float thru the air to my ears but I need a pair for late night listening and thought I'd go pretty much to the top by getting the LCD's and bypassing the climb upwards through various different headphone upgrades.

So please guys give me some recommendations if you can spare the time my eyes would really appreciate them.

P.S.  I didn't mean to start a new thread about all this.  I was trying to reply to the already large thread on this topic.  So if anyone can tell me how to erase this one i'll do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back