ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
May 7, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #331 of 1,288
We are definitely in talks with a few companies but we want to bring our headphones to market before we supply drivers to anyone else. We are hoping for an intel "Ora inside" style co-branding but it will probably vary from company to company.

As far as an IEM, I expect we would do a 50mm driver or an open-ear headphone before getting into IEMs.

Any idea when sales will open up again for those of us that missed the kickstarter/indiegogo?

Also - judging by the amazing measurements, this tech will be a gamechanger not only for headphones but even more so for full size speakers. Any idea when we can hope to lay our hands on full size speakers with Ora drivers?

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #333 of 1,288
Any idea when sales will open up again for those of us that missed the kickstarter/indiegogo?

Also - judging by the amazing measurements, this tech will be a gamechanger not only for headphones but even more so for full size speakers. Any idea when we can hope to lay our hands on full size speakers with Ora drivers?

Not Ora but have been pouring over the info. They mentioned that they’re considering a Bluetooth Speaker and maybe another set of cans with a 50mm driver next.

Personally, I’d love to see these in an iem. Hi fidelity with easy phone power would be a game changer for those of us who dislike DAPs and stacking DACs.

Please please please consider a game changer iem soon @robert-eric

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #334 of 1,288
Just got the survey email for the ORA pledge, things are moving along. I'm backer #90

My survey thing had a "free gift add on", but when I got to that part it said sold out. Were there only a limited number of the free add ons? What was the free gift (a spare set of ear pads or extra cable perhaps)? I think Ora should consider giving all of the backers the free gift (whatever it was), since we've all been patiently waiting 2+ years.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #335 of 1,288
Just got the survey email for the ORA pledge, things are moving along. I'm backer #90
I have a super high backer number because I switched at some point in the campaign from the $400 reward to the $360 reward, probably not gonna see a survey for quite some time. What's the survey content? The usual confirmation of your order quantity and address?

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #340 of 1,288
Also received the backer survey email with the mystery sold out extra (IndieGoGo in my case).

Another update, another delay of a few weeks. Is it strange that this is the first delay that I am actually surprised by or care about since I backed Ora?

The delays used to bother me, but only because I’m incredibly excited for the new technology (as opposed to being one of those OCD inpatient people who have unrealistic expectations about everything that’s not available via Amazon same day delivery).

Anyways, back to the delays. They used to bother me. But I’ve heard so many horror stories about crowd funded products in general (half baked buggy alpha stage type stuff, companies running away with your money and never even delivering products, false and empty feature promises, products hitting the public street at significantly lower prices than backers paid, etc), that I’m just glad that Ora is legit and that we WILL be getting a product at all.

I’ve been waiting so long, what’s a few more weeks added to the timeline? I feel like Ora has been honest and transparent throughout the whole process.

Heck, I’m even OK with waiting 6 more months if that’s how long it takes to get a top notch product that meets all of the originally-promised features. I only have 2 ears; it’s not like I have a shortage of available gear to listen to haha

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #341 of 1,288
The delays used to bother me, but only because I’m incredibly excited for the new technology (as opposed to being one of those OCD inpatient people who have unrealistic expectations about everything that’s not available via Amazon same day delivery).
Heck, I’m even OK with waiting 6 more months if that’s how long it takes to get a top notch product that meets all of the originally-promised features. I only have 2 ears; it’s not like I have a shortage of other gear I can listen with haha

+1 on this :joy:

That's one benefit I do enjoy from having a plethora of headphones and earphones... while I do still get excited about new incoming gear, I no longer really have that intense yearning during a wait.

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #342 of 1,288
I’m not terribly concerned. They’re being so transparent with their project roadmap and handling everything in a highly professional manner. I do think the shipping is happening this fall and am quite excited to play with the final product.

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #343 of 1,288
Haha, all true. I never expected them to ship on their original timescales, as creating a new company, a new product and a new technology is a big job, and one which is bound to have unexpected complications. The fact they appear to be on the level and the product seems genuine already places them in the upper tier of kickstarters. My trusty old M50s will tide me over until release day!

I only have 2 ears

This just shows a lack of dedication, surely? :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back