OPPO Relases updated HA-2SE Headphone Amplifier With New ESS Sabre32 Reference ES9028-Q2M DAC
Oct 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #31 of 37
Got this one on the way in parallel with my newly ordered SE846. Can't wait for it all to arrive! It's gonna be a long couple of days waiting 
redface.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #32 of 37

I've always recommended this USB-C to micro-USB-B adapter to customers and have not had anyone complain.

You may also need to enable Developer Tools on your phone and make sure that you have set USB Mode to MTP and set Disable USB Audio to OFF.

I have that exact adapter from amazon.co.uk and using the cable that came with the OPPO HA-2 and it does not work with my Nexus 6P, all options set correctly, works fine with devices that are natively micro usb though and works fine with my ipod Touch with the lightning cable. So unless amazon.com sells a different one than amazon.co.uk even though they both the VicTsing ones, I have noticed that they have upgraded their design, so maybe the ones they make now just do not work.

Please can you guys make a usb c cable and sell it as an accessory, plenty would buy it :)

The only other success I have heard with cables is when somebody custom makes them and they seem to sell out very quickly, ideally we are better off if Oppo makes and guarantees them etc.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #33 of 37
I have that exact adapter from amazon.co.uk and using the cable that came with the OPPO HA-2 and it does not work with my Nexus 6P, all options set correctly, works fine with devices that are natively micro usb though and works fine with my ipod Touch with the lightning cable. So unless amazon.com sells a different one than amazon.co.uk even though they both the VicTsing ones, I have noticed that they have upgraded their design, so maybe the ones they make now just do not work.

Please can you guys make a usb c cable and sell it as an accessory, plenty would buy it :)

The only other success I have heard with cables is when somebody custom makes them and they seem to sell out very quickly, ideally we are better off if Oppo makes and guarantees them etc.

Yeah, let's see that cable! Micro USB-C is very steadily becoming the new Android standard. I would even assume that the HA-2's successor will have a MicroUSB-C port instead of regular MicroUSB. That only makes sense.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #35 of 37
  I personally can't hear a difference so I would not upgrade my HA-2 to a HA-2SE if I had the option.

greatly appreciate the honest perspective.

own the HA-2 and really love it

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #36 of 37
Yeah, I was well annoyed the HA-2SE was brought out very shortly after I bought the HA-2 and rapidly developed a fault. Need to return it it but been in and out of hosp since September including two major abdominal surgeries. Feel punked, would even pay the upgrade fee.

Was thinking of getting a pair of PM-3 but considering my options now.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #37 of 37
Currently does not work with Galaxy S8+. Please fix this OPPO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back