Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Apr 30, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,397 of 6,302
All I can say is if you are buying high end, in this internet buying, and matching price bs, get yourself a good reputable dealer(owner) and get his trust and loyalty.
You would not believe the deals you will get.. Now if your trying to squeeze him for 75 bucks on a set of 200 buck headphones, your on our own.

I must be very lucky, because I ordered a pair of the pm3s , and I am VERY happy with my deal. I'm in Canada. I do feel for the euros though if they are just trying to buy off the net.

P.S.

Another thing people don't understand about Canadians is that we hate to pay retail price. It's always an offer deal on big purchases. I love this!:D

When dealing on the internet with people you have never met before, this usually doesn't work.:mad:

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,398 of 6,302
All I can say is if you are buying high end, in this internet buying, and matching price bs, get yourself a good reputable dealer(owner) and get his trust and loyalty.
You would not believe the deals you will get.. Now if your trying to squeeze him for 75 bucks on a set of 200 buck headphones, your on our own.

I must be very lucky, because I ordered a pair of the pm3s , and I am VERY happy with my deal. I'm in Canada. I do feel for the euros though if they are just trying to buy off the net.

P.S.

Another thing people don't understand about Canadians is that we hate to pay retail price. It's always an offer deal on big purchases. I love this!
biggrin.gif

When dealing on the internet with people you have never met before, this usually doesn't work.
mad.gif

Substitute 'Canadian' with 'everyone who isn't loaded', and that sounds about right.

Down under, it's $545 AUD, which is roughly $430 USD, so I suppose it's not too scammy over here. Can't believe I'm saying that.........

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,399 of 6,302
  Substitute 'Canadian' with 'everyone who isn't loaded', and that sounds about right.

Down under, it's $545 AUD, which is roughly $430 USD, so I suppose it's not too scammy over here. Can't believe I'm saying that.........

At least you're not paying 1400 dollars for a pair of PM-2's, rofl.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,400 of 6,302
Yup, I'll agree with everything said in the past two pages. Here in Greece, there is only one store that sells Oppo headphones, and they don't even sell online. I would have to drag my ass to Athens (Which is about 30-40€ just for the trip there and back), find the store, buy them and then whatever follows. And if I had to pay a more logical price, I could do just that. But no, they sell the PM-3 for 530€ (580$), the PM-2 is where things get even better with 1100€ (~1230$), and then there's the PM-1 at 1500€ (~1690$). I've been ripped off in the past, but that's a whole new thing. And hearing it's the same or worse in Sweden/Norway doesn't make me feel any better.

As it stands, my only option is ordering from the States. Even if it ends up costing me the same, at least I won't support those who rip us off locally.

I saw some mention Shipto. Are these kinds of services as reliable as they advertise? If yes, that's what I'm gonna do, and raise the middle finger to shops here. :)

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #1,401 of 6,302
  At least you're not paying 1400 dollars for a pair of PM-2's, rofl.

True, it's all relative in the end. That was for the PM-3's, BTW.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,402 of 6,302
I saw some mention Shipto. Are these kinds of services as reliable as they advertise? If yes, that's what I'm gonna do, and raise the middle finger to shops here. :)

I've used Shipito for about four years and maybe 50 parcels or so, zero issues. Have always been impressed with their service.

May 1, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #1,404 of 6,302
First page updated with links to reviews...

May 1, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,406 of 6,302
Nice spotting. Deleted now. Thanks.

May 1, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #1,407 of 6,302
Regarding the Eurozone prices, when i lived in Germany it was something like 20% Import tax and then the 16% sales tax so that's 36% tax, I think Holland was similar (lived there too)

The US price on say something Like a USA Fender Stratocaster Guitar was $900 USD  at the time i bought one there it was 1200 Euros  the Euro was somewhere around $1.40

So yeah, they get pounded on when it comes to prices...

May 1, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,408 of 6,302

You pay 1400$ for PM-2?

I wouldn't dream of it, it costs the same as the HD800.
Call me crazy but my absolute favourite headphone ever is the HD700, I haven't heard an open headphone that I like more.
But I think it's warm, bassy and soft. Which no one in the world agrees with.
I've sort of given up on trying to find an open HP I like more than my HD700, I even sold a pair of HD800 when I got the 700.
My god, sound is so subjective. There's so many people here who would consider the HD700 to be complete trash and not even worth the price tag, but I just can't help loving it.

Holy off topic Batman. But yeah. LCD-2 and HD800 costs the same as the PM-2 here, and the PM-1 only costs $100 more than the PM-2.

May 1, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,409 of 6,302
That's a crazy price for PM-2!

May 1, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #1,410 of 6,302
I've used Shipito for about four years and maybe 50 parcels or so, zero issues. Have always been impressed with their service.

Oh... May I ask where you live? If you reside in Europe, did you pay any import fees when shipping stuff with Shipto? I've ordered quite a few things (All relatively low-cost however) from Massdrop and have never been asked to pay any extra fees upon arrival of the package or delivery.

Sorry for OT people. If anyone's bothered, we can continue by PM. I just think it's good to see what options we Europeans have. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back