Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Jan 28, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #3,301 of 6,302
Sadly I haven't heard the M2s, but the roll off on the PM3 is modest, and pretty well done. Using it with my DP-X1 has actually made them sound less rolled off than when I was using them with my Blackberry Leap. That makes sense as the Sabre DAC signature is known to be brighter so that makes sense to me. Wish I could help, I'm sure somebody else will have heard both and be able to offer you some feedback.

I would like to know also from other guys here who uses the same Sabre-based DAC.. Does it "improve" the highs of the PM3?

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #3,306 of 6,302
Great! I also have the Ibasso D14 which have the Sabre 9018KM2 DAC.
Very tempted to buy the PM3!

The PM3 is most certainly a great headphone, particularly as a portable and rather easy to recommend. Hard to make a mistake with a signature as engaging and overall, balanced.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #3,309 of 6,302
  Sadly I haven't heard the M2s, but the roll off on the PM3 is modest, and pretty well done. Using it with my DP-X1 has actually made them sound less rolled off than when I was using them with my Blackberry Leap. That makes sense as the Sabre DAC signature is known to be brighter so that makes sense to me. Wish I could help, I'm sure somebody else will have heard both and be able to offer you some feedback.

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #3,310 of 6,302
  Are they made in Indonesia

No - But they can be bought in Indonesia easily from some resellers - Jaben or Headfonia store actually - or even some online shops. The only issue I had with the online shop is that they did not provide any 1.2mtr cable.

Actually good little question, where are they made ? I don't have my pair with me at work. I would easily bet in China though

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #3,311 of 6,302
No - But they can be bought in Indonesia easily from some resellers - Jaben or Headfonia store actually - or even some online shops. The only issue I had with the online shop is that they did not provide any 1.2mtr cable.

Actually good little question, where are they made ? I don't have my pair with me at work. I would easily bet in China though

What do we get when we buy them from online shops?

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #3,314 of 6,302

How rolled off?  I ended up getting a pair of Sennheiser M2's for my office cans, and so far I'm finding them so rolled off they sound pretty lifeless.  They're still new, so we'll see, but I'm wondering how the PM-3's compare.

I have had both and sold the Momentum 2 AE. PM3 is even more rolled off, but clearer because the bass is more controlled. PM3 sounds more hifi, refined and less fatiguing.

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #3,315 of 6,302
How rolled off?  I ended up getting a pair of Sennheiser M2's for my office cans, and so far I'm finding them so rolled off they sound pretty lifeless.  They're still new, so we'll see, but I'm wondering how the PM-3's compare.

Before i purchased my pm-3 , I listened several times to the M2's trying to decide what was the headphone for me. I think the treble roll off are about the same on both, but the M2's have the mid bass so prominent and loose that made the treble sound even more rolled off. The PM-3 is the more balanced and neutral of the 2 and its bass is fast, tight and punchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back