OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #16 of 743

Just ordered the PM-2.  I find it funny that I have demoed so many high-end cans and have agonized and been unable to pull the trigger on any.  And now I am buying a not inexpensive headphone that I have never heard. But since they are not going to be in stores and Oppo has a generous 30-day return policy this feels like the right call since on paper and based on reviews the Oppo PM-2 ticks so many boxes for me.

Will not be in stores? Ever?

Some of Oppo's products have made it to stores like specialty a/v shops and Best Buy's Magnolia Centers, and Amazon.com, but those were their Blu-ray/Universal/Media players.
Not sure if they have any plans for their personal audio products to sell the same way,
but if they do, it will probably be several months before that happens.
Oppo makes it pretty easy to buy direct risk free with their generous 30-day return policy. The only thing it would cost is possibly a 1-way shipping charge IF you decided to send them back.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #20 of 743
Sub'd.

I must have chosen slow shipment, FedEx says several days yet  
frown.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #21 of 743
Very eager to read this thread. I have not heard the PM-2 and after reading about all the speculation as to why Oppo would release the PM-2 at such a lower price point than the PM-1 (most of which I wholeheartedly disagreed with), I am stoked!

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 743
Mine is tracking for a Tuesday delivery. I've gone ahead and redirected the package to the fedex store near me so that I don't get stuck with a "sorry we missed you" notice.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 743
Eager to hear your impressions MattTCG. Hope you can compare it with HE-400i and HE-560.

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #25 of 743
:popcorn:

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #26 of 743

[...] But since they are not going to be in stores [...]

Will not be in stores? Ever?

Some of Oppo's products have made it to stores like specialty a/v shops and Best Buy's Magnolia Centers, and Amazon.com, but those were their Blu-ray/Universal/Media players.
Not sure if they have any plans for their personal audio products to sell the same way,
but if they do, it will probably be several months before that happens. [...]

OPPO headphones and headphone amplifiers are in shops already. I have seen and listened to OPPO HA-1 and PM-1 in mid June 2014 at Oslo Hi-Fi Center which has a rather good selection of headphones and headphone amplifiers.

Translation of the advertisement text:
The city's best selection
Over 50 models in demo
Stop by and pick your favourite!

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #27 of 743
Addicted to Audio in Melbourne Australia has Oppo products as well, hopefully we get the PM-2 here at that store. They are a superstore really though practically every brand known on headfi.

I look forward to ordering myself a PM-2 on Wednesday this coming week. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back