OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jan 28, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #2,882 of 4,883

I just ordered one and also getting my Audeze El-8C replaced. I wonder which will come first. 

i wonder if my replacement Burson Soloist SL will com before either of your pieces get there :)

can't wait to put back the SOloist into my music chain!

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #2,883 of 4,883
using this amp with the bass boost on with the Beyer T90's is a blast. Love this little amp!

True that. With bass boost on, Oppo HA-2 made my new beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro more balanced. The portable DT 1350 didn't need much bass boost but most fullsized cans from beyerdynamic truly benefited from a little bass boost from HA-2. DT 880 / 250ohm feels a bit less cold in its clinical neutrality although I prefer its honesty without bass boost for studio purpose. But DT 990 Pro / 600ohm surely got its super beautiful treble extension equally balanced by deep bass that came with Oppo's bass boost function. I just wish the bass boost on Oppo HA-2 came with two levels - mild boost and high boost. But the clinical Sabre DAC of Oppo's surely adds onto the already neutral cans like DT 880 or HD650. Very unlike Mojo which is said to be more musical than coldly clinical. Yes, the typical treble-oriented beyerdynamic house sound found a good match in the bass boost function of Oppo HA-2 without losing its treble at all.

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #2,884 of 4,883
On my HTC One M8 I was having to use the High Performance mode within Developer Options to stop frequent popping when using the HA-2.

Happy to say since the Marshmallow update (received this week) I get flawless playback even without this enabled. So the M8 and HA-2 are now a great pairing with all audio players, without any changes required.

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,885 of 4,883
Hello to everyone !

I have an oppo ha-2 but with my phone under android 5.1 i experience dropouts whenever i listen to music on youtube, deezer and Qobuzz. 

Is there something i should to to avoid that ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Artur

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2,889 of 4,883
Built-in FM Radio (not FM app) on any mobile phone can be run with Oppo HA-2 as external USB DAC?

All of those radios that I have played with are pretty bad as recievers. I think they use the earphone cable as an antenna. It is  not a good antenna. If using the USB out and no earphones connected, they don't get much at all in the reception department..

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,890 of 4,883
I was very interested in acquiring one of these, but was disappointed that it wouldn't work correctly with my iPhone 6 for some reason. 

The local shop has them in stock, and were gracious enough to let me try 3 different units (1 display, 1 open-box, and one Test unit). We used two different cables (1 Oppo's own black lightning-usb, and my own 6" lightning-USB cable which is thicker and better built than the included Oppo cable). 

I head artifact/crackling while using two different music apps, and 3 differently styled music. The files are all AAC 192, MP3 320, or WAV ripped from FLAC. I tried both the native Music app, and Spotify. Not the greatest, but just to prove that it's not localized to one app. Also tried resetting my phone; no effect.

Oddly enough, the artifact/distortion/clicking/crackling was not present when testing with their HA-1 DAC/AMP.
The artifacts were also absent when using Mode C (analog amp only).

Anybody here have issues with iPhone 6 -> Lightning -> A ?

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,893 of 4,883
Does anyone have a right angle 7-cm micro usb to micro usb otg cable they want to swap? I have an extra 10-cm, but I need the 7, and don't want to wait 2 weeks for shipping from China.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #2,894 of 4,883
True that. With bass boost on, Oppo HA-2 made my new beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro more balanced. The portable DT 1350 didn't need much bass boost but most fullsized cans from beyerdynamic truly benefited from a little bass boost from HA-2. DT 880 / 250ohm feels a bit less cold in its clinical neutrality although I prefer its honesty without bass boost for studio purpose. But DT 990 Pro / 600ohm surely got its super beautiful treble extension equally balanced by deep bass that came with Oppo's bass boost function. I just wish the bass boost on Oppo HA-2 came with two levels - mild boost and high boost. But the clinical Sabre DAC of Oppo's surely adds onto the already neutral cans like DT 880 or HD650. Very unlike Mojo which is said to be more musical than coldly clinical. Yes, the typical treble-oriented beyerdynamic house sound found a good match in the bass boost function of Oppo HA-2 without losing its treble at all.

I'm curious how you are using this device with a pair of 600 ohm cans?  Are you using it for it's DAC functionality only, and running it through an amp?  I bought this DAC/AMP for my yet to arrive 1964audio CIEMS that I have yet to receive, for traveling.  Just for fun I plugged my 600 ohm DT880's in to it, and could barely get any volume out of it, even in high gain mode, but I expected that.  Just surprised to hear someone is using this for high impedance cans.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #2,895 of 4,883
  I'm curious how you are using this device with a pair of 600 ohm cans?  Are you using it for it's DAC functionality only, and running it through an amp?  I bought this DAC/AMP for my yet to arrive 1964audio CIEMS that I have yet to receive, for traveling.  Just for fun I plugged my 600 ohm DT880's in to it, and could barely get any volume out of it, even in high gain mode, but I expected that.  Just surprised to hear someone is using this for high impedance cans.

seriously. i found the oppo just able to drive my 300ohm HD600's so now I use it as a DAC paired with a Burson Soloist SL amp. what a difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back