OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Sep 28, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #2,117 of 4,883
It would be great if they could work out some way of using the remote functions. I love the sound of my HA-2, but the ergonomics are a bit of a pain for portable use - cables coming out of both ends and having to lift the amp/DAP out of my pocket to change tracks etc.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,118 of 4,883
  It would be great if they could work out some way of using the remote functions. I love the sound of my HA-2, but the ergonomics are a bit of a pain for portable use - cables coming out of both ends and having to lift the amp/DAP out of my pocket to change tracks etc.

It is possible to get a Bluetooth remote to work with your Android smartphone, just that you will need to carry another piece of device.

On my case, I can change track with my Pebble smartwatch.

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2,120 of 4,883
How do these compare to dac/amp combos like the Schiit Magni 2/Modi 2? What are the pros and cons of portable vs. non-portable dac/amps? I will be using these with Westone 4R's and Oppo PM-3's.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #2,121 of 4,883
  I've been using the HA-2 with iPhone 6+ for months.  I love the HA-2, however the idle timeout issues with iOS are really wearing down on me for day-to-day usage.

Using this at work is not the most ideal setup.  Pausing music due to a co-worker interrupting and having to always remember to switch inputs or turn the volume dial off is quite annoying.  Otherwise, the volume comes out the iPhone and not the HA-2.

I know this isn't the fault of the HA-2, however it's still incredibly cumbersome.

I've resorted to plugging my iPhone into my work PC and piping the music to the HA-2 from the PC.  This obviously kills the portable aspect of the unit and has me contemplating getting a work desktop amp instead.

The iPhone has independent volume settings for the internal speaker and a lightning-connected DAC. With nothing connected, open your music player and play a song over the internal speaker. Adjust the volume to your taste. Then plug in the DAC and play a song, and set the level (prob. max). Now turn off the DAC while playing a song and watch the volume slider magically return to its previous setting! 

Just got my HA-2 last week! Loving it so far with my W40s. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #2,122 of 4,883

Yes, but I get NO sound.

Please use the 'quote' button when replying as it can get pretty confusing on who you are replying to.

'NO sound' as in you can't get any sound from X5II to your car's AUX? I'll assume you have the output setting sets to coax out instead of line-out. It is in 'system setting > multifuntional outputs >'

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #2,125 of 4,883
Hi there, I was wondering whether you got anywhere near rectifying your popping issue. I have a HTC One M8 and I have the same problem when using my Oppo HA-2. I also have the same problem when I connect it to my Bose Soundlink Mini. The problem obviously lies with the HTC but how to sort it? Hope to hear from you Thanks, Phil

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #2,126 of 4,883
  Hi there, I was wondering whether you got anywhere near rectifying your popping issue. I have a HTC One M8 and I have the same problem when using my Oppo HA-2. I also have the same problem when I connect it to my Bose Soundlink Mini. The problem obviously lies with the HTC but how to sort it? Hope to hear from you Thanks, Phil

Access settings, then about, then software information. Now start tapping where it says build number. After 7 taps you will be a "developer". Go back to settings then you will see a new menu option titled Developer Options. In that sub menu enable high performance mode. Reboot then buy me a beer!!

beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,127 of 4,883
Calling all Apple users, does the new FW upgrade 9.0.1 work with this. I want to upgrade my iPod touch 5g but I'm a bit leery that it might not work with it. As the saying goes "if it aint broke don't fix it".

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,128 of 4,883
  Calling all Apple users, does the new FW upgrade 9.0.1 work with this. I want to upgrade my iPod touch 5g but I'm a bit leery that it might not work with it. As the saying goes "if it aint broke don't fix it".

The FW upgrade is Ios or Oppo relate FW?

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,130 of 4,883
IOS 9.0.2 is out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back