OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Mar 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #3,123 of 4,883
Yes. That was embarrassing!
What I mentioned about the 6S in particular stands though. It is known to have issues that earlier iPhones do not.
I do not know how it behaves with the Oppo specifically although replies to my question earlier report minor problems.
I would proceed with caution and buy from somewhere that accepts returns. Or be prepared to use a previous iPhone.

I can confirm this, I own both an iPhone 6, and 6s, the 6s interferes with my oppo ha-2, and my edifier S730.

The 6 does not. The interference can be lessened by turning on bluetooth. Airplane mode doesn't seem to have an effect.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #3,124 of 4,883
I can confirm this, I own both an iPhone 6, and 6s, the 6s interferes with my oppo ha-2, and my edifier S730.

The 6 does not. The interference can be lessened by turning on bluetooth. Airplane mode doesn't seem to have an effect.

I got my HA-2 about a month ago, when I first got it, I thought it was defective because of the bad interferes with my 6s Plus, I was on iOS 9.3 beta 1 or 2 back then?  And when I was just about to return it, iOS 9.3 beta 3 (I think) came out and the problem totally went away as soon as I updated, and I read somewhere it was iOS' software issue with digital out which HAD happened before... 

So, if you're on released version iOS 9.2.1?  Updating to Beta should solve your problem, and iOS 9.3 beta 6 just came out as I type...

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #3,125 of 4,883
Ok, so while we're on the topic of iPhone 6s Plus with HA-2, I do have another issue..  I have a lightning short cable which I love, and it's supposed to be MFI, and it works just fine most of the time, but every so often, when playing music, the music would just stops on it's own, and a sec or so later, the handshake sound came on from the phone and it will be back to normal when I start the music again.

It's all random, sometimes, I could play for an hour without issue, sometimes, it would just stops 3 or 4 times in 10 minutes, and I even went back and exchanged the same cable from the shop already and same thing.  No issue with the other brand's cables I have including the one that the Oppo came with, anyone else seen this before?  Other than it stops at random, it charges and sync just fine...

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #3,126 of 4,883

I got my HA-2 about a month ago, when I first got it, I thought it was defective because of the bad interferes with my 6s Plus, I was on iOS 9.3 beta 1 or 2 back then?  And when I was just about to return it, iOS 9.3 beta 3 (I think) came out and the problem totally went away as soon as I updated, and I read somewhere it was iOS' software issue with digital out which HAD happened before... 

So, if you're on released version iOS 9.2.1?  Updating to Beta should solve your problem, and iOS 9.3 beta 6 just came out as I type...
Yup, I'm on 9.2.1 on the 6s and 9.2 on the 6

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,127 of 4,883
Ok, so while we're on the topic of iPhone 6s Plus with HA-2, I do have another issue..  I have a lightning short cable which I love, and it's supposed to be MFI, and it works just fine most of the time, but every so often, when playing music, the music would just stops on it's own, and a sec or so later, the handshake sound came on from the phone and it will be back to normal when I start the music again.

It's all random, sometimes, I could play for an hour without issue, sometimes, it would just stops 3 or 4 times in 10 minutes, and I even went back and exchanged the same cable from the shop already and same thing.  No issue with the other brand's cables I have including the one that the Oppo came with, anyone else seen this before?  Other than it stops at random, it charges and sync just fine...

I've had that issue as well with most cables. It seems to have varying degrees of frequency cable to cable. I have no idea what the issue is.

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,134 of 4,883
Has anyone used this cable?
http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-lightning-cable-for-apple-idevices-3-right-angle.html

I have the Zeskit cable but I would like to hear opinions on the one linked above.

I had a Fiio L9 and a Audio Minor lod for my classic and the Audio Minor sound superior at least to my ears. A little background on my experience with custom cables.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #3,135 of 4,883
So would I be right in thinking that if using an iPhone 6S then you need to be on iOS 9.3 else there will be intereference.

Also if I dont want a beta iOS that means I will have to wait for the official release of 9.3 which means I might as well wait to buy the HA-2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back