Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #4,651 of 5,414
is this the best portable amp dac?

While the HA-1 is well known and proven to be a solid device ....I have not heard many positive things about HA2 portable amp. It lacks balanced connection in my opinion so I don't even look into it. There is a thread for it, and you may want to check it there

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #4,656 of 5,414
Is it ok to leave the HA1 on overnight to burn in the unit and the cables ? Seems a bit warmth

Well it has not hurt my unit....I have left in on for 24 hrs playing my headphones to get break in time.  Just make sure it's well ventilated!

My unit runs from 85-105 Degrees F ...I have no equipment above it....so it breathes well!

Love this thing! 
dt880smile.png

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #4,657 of 5,414
Well it has not hurt my unit....I have left in on for 24 hrs playing my headphones to get break in time.  Just make sure it's well ventilated!

My unit runs from 85-105 Degrees F ...I have no equipment above it....so it breathes well!

Love this thing! :dt880smile:

Well I will check out it temperature tomorrow lol...I don't put anything on top of it or cover it. Only that it got a bit too warm....starting to worry....don't know if my office gonna catch a fire :D. I used to have the Zx2+cradle on top, but not anymore, has moved to the side now

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #4,658 of 5,414
Good thing that mine run at similarly temperature. I notices that it has a lot more holes underneath, so I give it more spaces underneath to vent better. Magically the Ha-1 really sounds better when warmed up. My next step is to upgrade the "Powercord" cables.

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #4,659 of 5,414
Good thing that mine run at similarly temperature. I notices that it has a lot more holes underneath, so I give it more spaces underneath to vent better. Magically the Ha-1 really sounds better when warmed up. My next step is to upgrade the "Powercord" cables.

I totally agree....it sounds it's best 45-60 minutes after being turned on.   I think that this DAC/Amp has gotten a bad rap from people who have not heard it warmed up....cause right after powering on...it sounds thin and harsh....attributes that I have read by people who dislike the Amp. 

But hell, I only care about my opinion...not what other ears and minds think...Plus I love all the features that this unit fine unit has!

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #4,661 of 5,414
Mine after awhile would run pretty warm also. I took my laptop cool deck and stuck it under it and pushed the amp hard for two hours and the case was cool as can be. There was was no sound change that I could distinguish.

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #4,662 of 5,414
Mine after awhile would run pretty warm also. I took my laptop cool deck and stuck it under it and pushed the amp hard for two hours and the case was cool as can be. There was was no sound change that I could distinguish.

Which laptop cooling pad did you use?

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #4,663 of 5,414
I bought just a cheap one off Amazon to try on my laptop. With the intent to buy a better one later. Come to find out this one has worked so well that I never did upgrade it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012ET8IFS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #4,665 of 5,414

It does sound better warmed up.  All audio equipment that has analog stages should be warmed up before evaluating.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back