OPINIONS ON AKG K272 HD!!
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rapaddict

New Head-Fier
i havent got a chance to test these myself does anyone have any comments about them? i was a headphone that is exceptionally clear but that can hold its own with bass too (ill be listening to hiphop/rap with these) do u have any suggestions for other cans?

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 7
Here's a review.

Not sure if they are good for hip-hop (never used akg's for hiphop personally)
How much are you willing to spend? 
And where are you plugging them to? 

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 7
Check the Ultrasone HFI-580's.
They have plenty of bass for hip-hop/rap music, and can be driven easily. 

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 7
K271/2 is one headphone I encourage most people who are new into world of head-fi to demo before buying.  They have qualities that typically puts a lot of new users (who are used to more mainstream type of sound) off due to their non-emphasized bass response and slightly boosted and sparkly treble (where they do shine, is in balanced frequency response and clean mids).  Hip Hop for example, the genre you mentioned, are definitely not going to sound that great on the K271/2's so I do suggest you look elsewhere.

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 7
I think the AKG k240 Studio would be good for rap. No, I'm not crazy. They're not quite neutral, but pretty close. They have a decent amount of bass and maybe even a little more then the Shure SRH-840.
They're also only $100. I often use them from my Ipod Touch 2G and they actually sound quite good, but will almost sound best with an amp. From an Ipod you have to max the volume though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back