Opinion about MEElectronics Air-Fi Matrix2
Aug 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iron2k

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I really would like to hear your opinions about this cans: MEElectronics Air-Fi Matrix2

I read somewhere that they sound similar to ATH M50... what do you think???

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 2
Thread trawling here.

While I can't compare them directly to the M50x's I can offer what I've found with them.

I've had my set for 6 months or so, and for a bluetooth can I think they are kinda nice, this is most likely due to the aptX codec as compared to the standard bluetooth codec.

Up to this point I have mostly listened to compressed sources (Spotify, Pandora and MOG) on my HTC One M7 and Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Treble is pleasant and never overbearing, but a little recessed the bass is warm and forward, but certainly not excessive. Mids are smooth and where most of the action is,  making these headphones more fun that critical.  I find soundstage is a little compressed and narrow and certainly doesn't have great definition in depth (such as binaural material where sound is intended to come from behind the listener)

I've also played some games with the 'phones plgged into my PC (Borderlands 2 and Elite: Dangerous) and they perform fine with good depth to the gunfire and explosions. They certainly aren't great for FPS style games where aural cues are important.

The interesting thing is that I can't detect any variance in the sound when plugged in or connected by bluetooth.

For the AUD99 I paid they are a fantastic purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back