Opeth Special TIN editions and DVD!
Oct 31, 2003 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
New RE-releases

OPETH - Morningrise TIN EDITION

Limited edition embossed TIN edition, limited to 2000 copies worldwide. Featuring an exclusive band sticker as a bonus

OPETH - My Arms Your Hearse TIN EDITION

Limited edition embossed TIN edition, limited to 2000 copies worldwide. Featuring an exclusive band sticker as a bonus

OPETH - Orchid TIN EDITION

Opeth DVD "Lamentations - Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire" out on November 24th (European release date).

Oct 31, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 12
If you like tin editions I have a Van Halen 3 tin edition in mint condition, even the OBI around, that I would like ot trade for a regular one....

Nov 1, 2003 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 12
That's so...metal.

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by eyeteeth
TIN?

Main Entry: tin
Pronunciation: 'tin
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German zin tin
Date: before 12th century
1 : a soft faintly bluish white lustrous low-melting crystalline metallic element that is malleable and ductile at ordinary temperatures and that is used as a protective coating, in tinfoil, and in soft solders and alloys.

2 a : a box, can, pan, vessel, or a sheet made of tinplate; broadly : such a container of any metal (as aluminum) b : a metal container and its contents <a tin of tomatoes>
- tin adjective

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

Nov 6, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by eyeteeth
And which of us would be more accurately described and/or depicted?

I honestly don't know what the 'TIN' edition of a release is.
The CD is in a Tin case?

SACD/DVD-A/HDCD/XHCD

I don't really like "tin" editions...........the ones I have owned are just slim metal 2 piece box same size as jewel case, two halves friction fit together, same graphics as jewel case. There is no plastic tray inside, usually CD is in paper sleeve.

I find them a pain in the ass to use, but they are collectors items and of some value to some people.

Dec 13, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 12
I hate to drag up an old thread like this, but are these reissues or actual remasters? My roommate says that they're remasters, but I'm not so sure. I'd love to hear good remasters of some of Opeth's older stuff as the recording quality leaves a little something to be desired. Any news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back