Opeth - Heritage
Sep 5, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 82

Quote:
Quote:
Well it's over. I enjoyed it but it was straight up progressive. It lacked what I would think of as metal. I think it needs to grow on me.

that's good to hear. will listen to it when I get home tonight. thanks.

Got to admit - after hearing that from Casey, and knowing his music taste, this album's got me interested as well.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #18 of 82
I really love the song Folklore for some reason.

Sep 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #19 of 82
Folklore, Famine, I Feel The Dark & The Lines In My Hand are favs for me now.

Give them props-  Opeth and especially Mr. M will head in a direction they seem fit whether it pleases the fans or not.  It's all Opeth....Get 'em Mikael and do it your way....Heritage is growing on me and musically it's very good but bring the gain back on the guitars on your next one...

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #21 of 82

Quote:
I liked it. will listen to it again tonight, this time with a different headphone, (lol?).

Not too many headphones are going to change the sound Jimmy...lol....The guitars and drums are in the backround, but the bass lines are prominent...
beerchug.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #23 of 82
Opeth are continuing to be the one and only they have always been. No one is even close to them in sound recording quality or style. They live in a world all to themselves. As we see a change we will also see a line form between some older members of the camp regarding the new style change. If Damnation is some peoples only Opeth album they play, this one may fall into that same place. I can't wait to hear it! 

Watershed has been getting played again in the player getting ready for this next release. So many folks seem to dislike Watershed but somehow I like it more than ever. Maybe in 08/09 it was ahead of it's time. I could not believe how great it sounded! 

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #24 of 82
Sep 7, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #25 of 82

Quote:
If Damnation is some peoples only Opeth album they play, this one may fall into that same place. I can't wait to hear it! 

I wouldn't say that they are similar; really the only thing that they have in common is the lack of death growls. Damnation is much simpler and catchier.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #26 of 82
I will be listening to the whole thing tonight!                   We are so lucky!
gs1000.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #28 of 82

Quote:
Akerstache's new album "Heritage (Of Love)" - http://www.last.fm/music/Akerstache

Some of the best trolling I've seen in a long time. Also, the trolls in the real Opeth shoutbox are really elaborate as well - http://www.last.fm/music/Opeth

LMAO that made me laugh.

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #29 of 82
I have listened to this album a couple of times. I like really like it, certainly a leap towards a more prog. rock style of music. Well, no wonder since Stephen Wilson (Porcupine Tree) was behind the mix.  

I just picked up tickets for a Opeth concerts in a few weeks time, $25 a ticket, wow, that's a steal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back