Opening up Superfi 3/UHP336 housings?
Jul 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kaixax555

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone opened up a Superfi 3/UHP336 housing before?

If you do, what method to you use to open up the housing?

Thanks in advance
redface.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 8
A hammer will open them, but you would have trouble getting them to go back together nicely.
wink.gif

Are you trying to fix something, or simply curious as to the internals?  The Super.fi 3 is a single balanced armiture driver, so all you will see inside is the small silver driver box and wires.  Maybe some insulation material.

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Why do you want to know? If it's just for curiosity, then I can't help you, but if you have a genuine problem or something, I could be persuaded to take some time and try to disassemble my slightly faulty one.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 8
Actually my Superfi 3/UHP336 is damaged, and the wire broke off from the armature

I want to resolder the wires back so in order to do so I have to open the housing but I do not want to damage the housing

Anyone knows?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 8
You can't open them. I have a broken UE Super fi 5 shell from the same problem

You can pry them apart and then hardwire them then glue the mess back together, I've considered doing it but I have other stuff to listen to.

If you're interested in a SF 5 right driver I can hook you up lol.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
You can't open them. I have a broken UE Super fi 5 shell from the same problem

You can pry them apart and then hardwire them then glue the mess back together, I've considered doing it but I have other stuff to listen to.

If you're interested in a SF 5 right driver I can hook you up lol.

So it means its fate is sealed?

No other way to open it? :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Well, you don't have anything to lose anyway, try to pry open the casing by inserting a knife into the gap where the two halves connect. But be careful with your fingers!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back