Open ear cans between $100-$150
Sep 20, 2011 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dummy14

New Head-Fier
hey everyone,

I am looking for an open ear pair of cans between $100 and $150. I would be using them for music and movies mainly through my computer. I don't plan on taking them out of the house so I don't worry about others around me hearing anything. I listen to a wide variety of music. I would also like a pair of headphones that do not require an amp.

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Heya,

There's one headphone in that range that rules them all. It's the Fischer Audio FA-011. It eats the lunch of the anemic AD700, flips the table from the MS1, and punches the Beyer DT440 in the face.

Very best,

I know you don't like the AD700 but have you actually heard the MS-1 or DT440?  Im curious about the FA-011 but I don't see myself ever purchasing it.

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I know you don't like the AD700 but have you actually heard the MS-1 or DT440?  Im curious about the FA-011 but I don't see myself ever purchasing it.

Heya,

I have several Grados, and several Beyers. The FA-011 is actually an outstanding headphone. And it has a lot of good bass, with a sleek nice woody retro look. Great headphone. If you ever get inclined, I would totally suggest checking it out. If you're in the USA, I could even arrange to let you borrow a FA-011 for fun even.

Very best,

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Heya,

I have several Grados, and several Beyers. The FA-011 is actually an outstanding headphone. And it has a lot of good bass, with a sleek nice woody retro look. Great headphone. If you ever get inclined, I would totally suggest checking it out. If you're in the USA, I could even arrange to let you borrow a FA-011 for fun even.

Very best,

I'm in the same position as the OP and have been lurking the forums for a while.  I am interested in the FA-011, and have read up quite a bit on them.  The one thing that I am still unsure of is whether they require an amp or not.  From some of what I've read, they are still listenable without an amp, but would greatly benefit from one.  So my question is, what is your experience/thoughts with them without an amp, and if adding an amp, what would be a good budget option.  I was considering adding a PAV2V2, but once everything is said and done, it goes from a $130 can to over $200.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I'm in the same position as the OP and have been lurking the forums for a while.  I am interested in the FA-011, and have read up quite a bit on them.  The one thing that I am still unsure of is whether they require an amp or not.  From some of what I've read, they are still listenable without an amp, but would greatly benefit from one.  So my question is, what is your experience/thoughts with them without an amp, and if adding an amp, what would be a good budget option.  I was considering adding a PAV2V2, but once everything is said and done, it goes from a $130 can to over $200.

Heya,

If using from a portable device, any portable amp will do (PA2V2, E7 F11, iBasso Zero, uDac2, Vivid V1, etc). If using from a sound card, the sound card will be sufficient so long as it's been made in the past 10 years.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back