Online stores with trial periods
Dec 23, 2009 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

clarinetman

500+ Head-Fier
So I was thinking today about how lovely it would be if there was an online store like HeadRoom that had some sort of try-before-you-buy program. You could have a few different headphones shipped to you for a small fee plus S&H, but only be charged for the ones that you decided to keep.

I'm hoping this isn't an original idea and that it actually exists somewhere. It would take all of the guesswork out of choosing headphones... Any stores like this?

Dec 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I was thinking today about how lovely it would be if there was an online store like HeadRoom that had some sort of try-before-you-buy program. You could have a few different headphones shipped to you for a small fee plus S&H, but only be charged for the ones that you decided to keep.

I'm hoping this isn't an original idea and that it actually exists somewhere. It would take all of the guesswork out of choosing headphones... Any stores like this?

HeadRoom does have something like that. You buy the headphone for full price, and you have 30 days to see if it works out for you.

If they let anybody try any headphone out for a meager fee, the chances of them never hearing from that person again is too high.

Dec 23, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadRoom does have something like that. You buy the headphone for full price, and you have 30 days to see if it works out for you.

If they let anybody try any headphone out for a meager fee, the chances of them never hearing from that person again is too high.

Right, I see your point. But at the same time, the appeal is not having to pay full price and being able to A/B without returning something you didn't like more than once.

Too bad people don't have better credibility. It would seem though that most headphone enthusiasts that shop there or even have internet access belong to Head-Fi, and most people here are good...

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 5
I know of such stores, and certainly not sure if anyone is willing to go there either.
Sending multiple headphones to customers without full payment up front. Quite risky I would say..

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 5
No I don't think it would be a wise business model. Hell there are some people here who have 1000+ posts who have done dodgy deals. Even some well respected companies go bad. What kind of crazy store would be willing to do that?

Yes it would be nice but no, not in this day and age could this ever happen. The bad apples ruin it for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back