Onkyo IE HF300 Appreciation Thread
Aug 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mymymyopie

Aka: tstarn06 and numerous other aliases.
I tried out a pair of these from Amazon and for my first pair of semi-expensive phones, they are really fantastic. For $129 (a third party seller on Amazon) they are not cheap, but I can't believe how nice they sound. I saw someone post about them on another thread, and decided they needed their own thread. I think I got very lucky with these. Thanks to the person who mentioned them in the discovery thread. I wish they had an iPhone cable too, though. Going to check and see if Onkyo is going to produce that as an accessory. It would seem logical.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I tried out a pair of these from Amazon and for my first pair of semi-expensive phones, they are really fantastic. For $129 (a third party seller on Amazon) they are not cheap, but I can't believe how nice they sound. I saw someone post about them on another thread, and decided they needed their own thread. I think I got very lucky with these. Thanks to the person who mentioned them in the discovery thread. I wish they had an iPhone cable too, though. Going to check and see if Onkyo is going to produce that as an accessory. It would seem logical.

Just a quick google brings up the fact that these somehow magically transform from $129 to £129!  Ouch.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Very interested in these. Tyll at IF say they measure VERY well. An Amazon reviewer noted these are 2nd only after 1964 Quad. 
The Onkyo web site has good, succinct details.  Wow: 14.3mm dynamic driver ... and Onkyo stresses their design effort went into bass QUALITY, not QUANTITY. Hope y'all buy a ton and provide feedback ... and then us hold-outs can reap the bennies ... on YOUR tab, of course :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back