Onkyo ES-HF300 burn in?
Apr 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

phillyd

500+ Head-Fier
Bought a pair of these and they sound horrible atm. Tinny, lacking in mids, especially low mids. All bass is mid-bass, echo effect is bad. I'm curious as to whether they're in need of burn in, or just defective.

Anyone know how these should sound relative to either the HFM HE-300 or the Klipsch Image One's? (headphones I have on hand)

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Sound wrong.
I just got the same cans.
They have a sweet signature similar to the vmoda100 as it has a really really nice bass and impressive percussive sub bass.
The mids are not recessed and very clear.
The trebles are very nice without any sibilance.
I am extremely impressed to the point of utter shock as to how good they sound for an on ear.
I would rate it up there with the best of "mid-tier" cans..

Soooo I would suggest break in and maybe you have a defective pair..

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 5
Sound wrong.
I just got the same cans.
They have a sweet signature similar to the vmoda100 as it has a really really nice bass and impressive percussive sub bass.
The mids are not recessed and very clear.
The trebles are very nice without any sibilance.
I am extremely impressed to the point of utter shock as to how good they sound for an on ear.
I would rate it up there with the best of "mid-tier" cans..

Soooo I would suggest break in and maybe you have a defective pair..

The M100's are pretty v-shaped.

After I got the replacement and gave them a few hours burn in the highs were very clear but no hint of sibilance. Mids were natural but recessed. Bass was solid but extension wasn't impressive. The low mids were quite recessed, and electric guitars/cellos/etc. lacked umph.

Good headphones but not for me. The replacement had the same issue, I'm going to try the V-Moda M-80.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Try the new version that looks like an m80, as I found it in between the two in sound.

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Try the new version that looks like an m80, as I found it in between the two in sound.

If the XS are more like the M-100, then I'd like the M-80 better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back