Onkyo DP-X1 vs DP-X1A
Dec 23, 2016 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

searchy

New Head-Fier
What is the difference between the Onkyo DP-X1 vs DP-X1A? The only difference I have found between the two is that the DP-X1A has 64GB of internal storage. It also costs $100 more. Is Onkyo pulling an Apple here and the only difference between the two is 32GB of storage? A 32GB SD card can be bought for around $8 nowadays. 

Anyone able to find more differences?

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Really wish I knew as well. I can not find any spec by spec comparison on the web between the two. I would only jump on the X1A if it had a bigger battery. If its a matter of just being more internal ram then I agree with you that it is not worth the money compared to the X1.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #3 of 7
AFAIK they also change several capacitor and improve the Jack holes...

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #5 of 7
DPX-1A main improvements over the DPX-1 

(ALREADY MENTIONED, JUST CONFIRMING)
1) 64gb instead of 32gb
2) Capacitors changed
3) Improved jack holes 

MAIN SONIC IMPROVEMENT 
Reduced noise floor (quite a huge improvement over the DPX1)
Cleaner sound 

I'm sure some kind of measurements will surface pretty soon, but our store demo arrived today, and the difference was clear in 5 seconds for me :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 7
there has been a problem with the headphone jacks in the dp-x1 the leverage from the pin is too great for the plastic parts.  I have had mine repaired twice under warranty here in tokyo.  i am told by the surf cables guy this has been corrected.

Feb 17, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 7
What is the difference between the Onkyo DP-X1 vs DP-X1A? The only difference I have found between the two is that the DP-X1A has 64GB of internal storage. It also costs $100 more. Is Onkyo pulling an Apple here and the only difference between the two is 32GB of storage? A 32GB SD card can be bought for around $8 nowadays.

Anyone able to find more differences?

I have heard there is a “deep sleep” facility available with X1-A. It means that it behaves like a mobile phone. You don’t have to keep switching off to save battery. It puts everything to sleep except the media library registration. So, the player doesn’t have to keep syncing your micro SD data every time you switch it on. I am told it really extends battery life, something that has been a bit of a drag with the X1. If true, I think this is a big upgrade.
I have previously reported an odd bug I have faced several times. When playing through an external amp, I set the player to “fixed line out”. This means it outputs at an unwavering maximum volume into the amp. The top of the screen shows the legend LINEOUT. Whenever a song won’t play, and I see a message saying “music playback error”, the following happens - the next song plays at low volume. When I check, I find the fixed line out has switched off. I then have to put it back on. Strangely, the LINEOUT legend at the top of the screen continues to show. It doesn’t happen every time, but has happened dozens of times. Extremely irritating.
Has anyone else had the same experience? I wonder if they’ve fixed it in the X1-A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back