ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 12, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #15,511 of 16,328
Hi do you guys have any problems with songs skipping occasionally? could it be the PowerAmp App that i'm using?

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #15,514 of 16,328
Hi do you guys have any problems with songs skipping occasionally? could it be the PowerAmp App that i'm using?

Yeah, I was using PowerAmp for a while and I noticed the same thing. I can't recall if it was with MP3 or flac files, but I do know it was accessing SD1. I went back to using the Onkyo player (no more issues).

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #15,515 of 16,328
Case1.JPG
Case for DP-X1A.... In case anyone is interested, I have a brand new beautiful foldover case for the DP-X1A. I bought it for my unit which I no longer own so the case has never been used. These are on eBay at $67.94 with 3 week shipping. You can have this one within a week for $45 - free shipping. Very nice suede material with a magnetic latch for the flap. Includes a second matching case for your earphones. Msg me if you are interested - I can send pictures or you can see them on eBAy - Item #172726862080. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #15,516 of 16,328
Yeah, I was using PowerAmp for a while and I noticed the same thing. I can't recall if it was with MP3 or flac files, but I do know it was accessing SD1. I went back to using the Onkyo player (no more issues).

Ah i see, i couldn't get used to Onkyo's music player. It's not as user friendly as PowerAmp. Guess it's time for me to jump on the Onkyo's music player and test it out.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #15,520 of 16,328
What is the difference between the stock player and the HF for $8.99?

This is what they explain:
- HF Player (Free Version) Features -
• Touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer offering 16,384 discrete bands of HD equalization
• Create, name, and save your own custom EQ presets
• Select an equalizer preset optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Playback of Hi-Res Audio files including FLAC / DSD / 192 kHz/24-bit WAV at no additional charge
• USB Host Audio Function (up to 48 kHz with the free version)
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the headphone connection, AOS connection, digital connections via OTG cable (free version only) is downsampled to 44.1 kHz.

- Unlocked Functionality -
・Support for Hi-Res Audio output via Onkyo USB HF Driver
Enable lossless and Hi-Res Audio output to external devices such as USB DAC.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #15,521 of 16,328
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I haven't found it. I've had the DP-X1A for about nine months, and alternate between using it as an on-the-go DAP and as a source for my desktop setup. For a while I was using a 2.5mm to 2 3-pin XLR cable so that I could use Onkyo's DAC to feed into my headphone amp. But recently I picked up a Gustard X20U Pro. I can use a USB and OTG cable to connect to the DAC and access all of my music, which plays at the accurate bitrates, and have been successful with DSD as well. However, if I play from Spotify or Bandcamp, I can't get it to bypass the Onkyo DAC and play through my external DAC. Is there a setting or app I'm missing that would allow me to do this? I'm not an Android person, so perhaps the answer is fairly obvious and I just don't know it...

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #15,522 of 16,328
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I haven't found it. I've had the DP-X1A for about nine months, and alternate between using it as an on-the-go DAP and as a source for my desktop setup. For a while I was using a 2.5mm to 2 3-pin XLR cable so that I could use Onkyo's DAC to feed into my headphone amp. But recently I picked up a Gustard X20U Pro. I can use a USB and OTG cable to connect to the DAC and access all of my music, which plays at the accurate bitrates, and have been successful with DSD as well. However, if I play from Spotify or Bandcamp, I can't get it to bypass the Onkyo DAC and play through my external DAC. Is there a setting or app I'm missing that would allow me to do this? I'm not an Android person, so perhaps the answer is fairly obvious and I just don't know it...

The UAPP app has a Spotify client, and in Settings > USB audio settings you can set Bit perfect to On or When possible.
I'm not sure whether starting the UAPP app, before playing the Bandcamp app, will override the default USB output driver, or not.

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #15,523 of 16,328
The UAPP app has a Spotify client, and in Settings > USB audio settings you can set Bit perfect to On or When possible.
I'm not sure whether starting the UAPP app, before playing the Bandcamp app, will override the default USB output driver, or not.

Sorry to backtrack - but UAPP has a Tidal app, rather than a Spotify app. :flushed:

But, as I said about the Bandcamp app, if you launch UAPP before Spotify, it may override the default USB driver.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #15,524 of 16,328
Sorry to backtrack - but UAPP has a Tidal app, rather than a Spotify app. :flushed:

But, as I said about the Bandcamp app, if you launch UAPP before Spotify, it may override the default USB driver.

Thanks for the feedback - I tried UAPP after you first posted and still had a bit of trouble, and through some finagling, got it to somewhat work, though not with any consistency (for example, I could get it to play Spotify/Bandcamp, but then it was upsampling in the Onkyo HF app, and then the next time I reset, I couldn't get any output from the Onkyo HF and the Spotify app didn't work - likely due to UAPP and Onkyo competing for the USB audio out). I guess I'm just getting used to Android in general - I've had no issues with my iPhone connecting to a couple of DACs before, so understanding the whole OTG thing has been new learning for me...

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #15,525 of 16,328
Does anybody recognize this or has tips?
I have a SanDisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC Class 10 in Slot 1 in my DP-X1. There is around 90GB of music on it.
If I take it out and use a cardreader with my PC, it is fast as it should be: all files show up almost instantly in Windows Explorer.
But when the card is in the DAP, it is soooo slow. When I connect the DAP with the cable to my PC, it takes ages before even the titels to show up in Windows Explorer. Also in the DAP itself it is slow: the scan of the native Onkyo player takes ages but also my preferred player JetAudio is very slow with scanning. Playing itself is no problem though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back