ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 23, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #9,481 of 16,326
That case is the beautiful Dignis Design LUNO DP-X1 leather case in black.

In my opinion, and those who also use Dignis Design on a number of DAP's, it is a mandatory purchase, though other Head-Fi'ers have found alternative products from other manufacturer's, some with different features like a flap.

When buying the Onkyo DP-X1 or looking for accessories, DO NOT BUY THE OFFICIAL DPA-PUX1, it's not very good at all.
Mandatory purchases include the Dignis Case (or similar), and the Onkyo DPA-GL033 tempered galss screen protector.

^^

Thank you, your posts have been really helpful! Indeed kt does look like it'll be a pain to find the buttons when they're in your pocket with the Dignis case.

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #9,482 of 16,326

Bear in mind, the post you quoted is a follow-up quote to something I wrote earlier.

[Snip]

Fair enough, I actually did miss the part where you said earlier that you were purely talking about sound quality. My mistake on branching off into talking about features.

Just curious, in what order would you rate the DAPs you mention purely in terms of sound quality? I think I have a general idea based on your other posts, but I would love to hear directly from you.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #9,483 of 16,326
Hi Guys

Dp-x1 ordered and 128 Gig SD card, all I need now is the Balanced cable from Surf Cables, Woop Woop.
smily_headphones1.gif
L3000.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #9,493 of 16,326
I just ordered from this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-DP-X1-B-High-Res-Audio-Player-with-Built-in-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-Black-/121869554490
It's just $48 more than my Fiio X7 and i will return the X7 later. So the X1 only have a problem with the 2.5mm socket ?

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #9,494 of 16,326
My Dignis case is stuck in customs dammit! And UK Parcelforce sends a LETTER to demand payment? What is this, 1840?? Anyhow a craft beer (San Francisco Steam) is helping my mood....

Quick question - does anyone know an app that will wake up the screen with a double tap or swipe? Screen off and lock turns off and on on my phone but only turns screen off on my dp-X1. I ask this as I would like to avoid turning on with a button covered by the Dignis case.

Yeah, I paid custom's too, and Parcelforce are medieval...ish... :'(

However, WORTH IT!

Ohh, craft beer, nice, will have a gander at that brand later!

Regarding the screen app thing? Sorry, no idea, but perhaps a lockscreen widget that has media controls? Might investigate myself when I get a chance...

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #9,495 of 16,326
I just ordered from this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-DP-X1-B-High-Res-Audio-Player-with-Built-in-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-Black-/121869554490
It's just $48 more than my Fiio X7 and i will return the X7 later. So the X1 only have a problem with the 2.5mm socket ?

That is...eerily cheap...and from Hong Kong...

However, congrats! Unboxing pics and impressions when you get it!

Get some lovely high capacity MicroSDXC cards too!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back