ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 30, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #9,811 of 16,326
  Good morning, any of you who has the dp x1 has tried with headphones grado 225e? I would be happy to know he his impressions.
Thank you.

I listened with my Grado RS1  - delicious. I think 225e will sound good too. You can do some tuning with EQ. Now it is clear to me that X1 needs EQ curve for each particular headphones to get max pleasure. And forget native app. Now sure for 100% percent that native app not show all brilliance of X1 sound. Even VLC gives better imaging, details, space and .... sounds better. Thank you Android for possibility to choose :)

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #9,814 of 16,326

I suspect it is embedded in the Onkyo Player's proprietary file index and not exportable. The Onkyo player app needs its' own file index so that your tracks and playlists can be played immediately after powering on. Otherwise, it would have to wait for the painfully slow Android system re-indexing of all media files on SD cards each time it powers on. I am an extreme case, but it take s a good 30-40 min for Android to index 10K files on my SD cards. You can also see how bad this is by loading an M3U playlist file in the Music directory. It takes a long time for the playlist to even display in the Onkyo player every time you power on the X1 because all the files have to be re-scanned before the M3U files get processed. Again this happens every time you power off/on. The work around to this is as follows:

1) Create M3U playlist files that match the directory structure of your SD card
2) Copy M3U file(s) to the SD card
3) Wait for the painfully long time for the playlist with all the tracks to show up in Onkyo player
4) Once it is fully scanned and available, play track 1
5) Got o view play queue
6) Save the entire queue (your M3U playlist) as a new playlist in the Onkyo app. do this for each M3U file.
7) Delete your M3U file(s) from the SD card
8) Now you can play the playlist immediately after power on instead of waiting forever

Thank you very much for the info. What I was trying to accomplish was actually the other way around. I already made some cool playlists using the default Onkyo app , but they are not recognized  by other apps like All Connect, which is what I use to stream my music over Wi Fi sometimes. Oh, well I may follow your advice , but save the original M3U for streaming and the one from the Onkyo app for listening with headphones.

Thank you again.

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #9,816 of 16,326

Now that is a neat trick!!!

I also apologise for my small absence, lots of things going on irl...

I have spoken to my contacts within Onkyo regarding actual screen tap on/off, as well as lock screen widgets and/or music info on lockscreen. All has been passed on to the Onkyo DP-X1 development team.

No promises if anything will come from this, but I'll let you all know on any progress.

Excellant TheOneInYellow,
Thanks for contacting Onkyo and pass on the customer requests and recommendation and did you test it for yourself because the trick to power on the screen by turning the volume wheel did not work for me ,did I do any wrong and please let me know

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #9,820 of 16,326

1. Go to application and disable notification of each app.
2. Some apps you do not use often, disable the app (you may enable it any time later).
3. Go to the Notification option, suspend all notification.

Thanks. Have done all the things you suggested and am now charging the DP-X1. Hope this works.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #9,821 of 16,326
2.5mm port has 1 more dac, an extra ACG mode, and double the power. You never know maybe in a year you will have a balanced earphones/iem.

I'm considering it. If I got my IEM cable converted, are there adapters that I can use to plug into 3.5mm standard headphone ports when I want to use them with other devices? Having a heck of a time googling for them.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #9,822 of 16,326
  Regarding battery drain issue, if not already done so, please try.
1. airplane mode, switch off wifi and bluetooth.
2. turn off all notifications.
3. turn off auto sync inside the default music app under settings.
4. disable as many apps as you can which you don't use.
5. keep screen off if not necessary.

Thanks, tonehk. Have turned off all unnecessary functions on my DP-X1. Am charging it now. Will let you know if this works. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #9,823 of 16,326
FYI, if this is this is the volume control to power app being mentioned (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teliapp.powervolume&hl=en) . I'd be cautious of using, because of warning from developer that the app may cause battery drain.

Quote from developer: "Please note that you may experience a power drain on the battery. This comes with the territory of keeping your device awake at all times in order to enable the volume button to perform the power button function. With recent updates to the Android operating system - this is the only way to do it."

I'm guessing that any other app that provides this function would also drain the battery.

Sorry, not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I was intrigued by mention of this app and discovered this information when I went to install from Google Play.

Just wanted to post this warning, in the case folks install it while ignoring the posted app info.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #9,824 of 16,326
I'm considering it. If I got my IEM cable converted, are there adapters that I can use to plug into 3.5mm standard headphone ports when I want to use them with other devices? Having a heck of a time googling for them.

Yes, there are. We offer them under Micro Series:
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/interconnect.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #9,825 of 16,326
does anyone have a guide for installing the  DPA-GL033?

I got mine, but i don't know what the white sticker thing is for? also why is only one side of the screen protector have a peel off plastic piece on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back