ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 14, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,391 of 16,326
Woa, i have been using JH13 28 ohm in balance for a while now and someone telling me it's not safe....

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #3,394 of 16,326
Did you quick ship it ?

If you were asking me, yes I did quick ship. It was shipped by pricejapan on January 10th and 4 days later here it is in Ottawa. Pretty impressive.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #3,395 of 16,326
  Woa, i have been using JH13 28 ohm in balance for a while now and someone telling me it's not safe....

It is safe as long as you aren't blasting the volume to dangerous levels.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3,396 of 16,326
My Onkyo is out for delivery so should have it by this afternoon! Awesome.

OH MY GOODNESS YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

I've been speaking to Peter from Double Helix Cables and, er, he's not best pleased...too him, with HiFiman HE1000 headphones recabled to balanced via his own Complement 4 cable and XLR to 2.5 mm TRRS adapter (that he made on Tue from scratch), the sonic qualities of the Onkyo DP-X1 are far, far closer to his main big rig sonically (I think he's using Schiit Yggdrasil and Ragnarok, but he has so many TOTL amps and DAC's...).
He's doing more tests but he, like many others here and myself included, is very impressed with what the DP-X1 can do (more apt question, what can it NOT do? :p ).

Anyway, take pics and keep us up to date!

\m/

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #3,397 of 16,326
I've been quite a bit busy today, sorry guy's.

Listening lots, other stuff, and I've been going through all album's that have broken or incorrect album art NOT FUN).

(I've unmounted my Micro SDXC card to sort out albums, hence the no SD card warning in the notification bar. Listening to Grimes' 'Art Angels' at 24/96 for the first time, downloaded to local storage).

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #3,399 of 16,326
It has arrived and is in my hands as we speak, well the box anyway. They shipped within two days. Cheers.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,400 of 16,326
Some random notes (other than SQ):

- Every android app installs flawlessly
- side buttons for basic audio operations are too small and dont feel the best. Too light for me to the touch
- ive had several instances where play/stop button would not work when listening with screen off. i have to turn screen on again and use touch to make it operate correctly again. Very annoying.
- Android transfer on mac sometimes doesn't seen the unit. Its very random and a disconnect/reconnect solves it

Thats it for now. Not up to apple flawless operation but still, i expected worse :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,401 of 16,326
I agree with the side button design. They are too small and it take time to find which one is pause/forward/rewind without looking at them. Otherwise the power button need quite hard press to turn screen on/off. I wish Onkyo made it durable because I have to press it many times each day.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,402 of 16,326
I agree with the side button design. They are too small and it take time to find which one is pause/forward/rewind without looking at them. Otherwise the power button need quite hard press to turn screen on/off. I wish Onkyo made it durable because I have to press it many times each day.

You can buy ak380 for that metal sensitive touch :D just press on the thing and it turns on

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,403 of 16,326
You can buy ak380 for that metal sensitive touch :D just press on the thing and it turns on

Nah. Right now I'm in love with my new Japanese bride :D She may not perfect but I can live happily with her. Otherwise, DP-X1 look better for my eyes than AK380.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #3,404 of 16,326
I'm not sure if this is a normal Android thing, but when the screen goes off (which I assume I can adjust how quickly this happens in settings) you can't slide on the screen to waken it. I read above that this requires the use of the power button. Is this an Onkyo thing, or an Android? It has to be an Onkyo thing, I can't imagine any phone needing this action to wake the screen.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #3,405 of 16,326
- ive had several instances where play/stop button would not work when listening with screen off. i have to turn screen on again and use touch to make it operate correctly again. Very annoying.

I experienced the same issue with my Pioneer XDP-100R, but only when using certain 3rd party apps. It turned out to be related to Android's audio focus management and most audio apps actually have an option to enforce it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back