One small step for me, one giant leap for my ears
Mar 12, 2011 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jgray91

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all! I decided to join in the hubbub of audiophile-dom after countless research and stuff searching for the ultimate cans for my ears.
Never have I been so dedicated to my ears before. This is my first step into becoming audiophile, hope you guys take care of me well 
wink_face.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 14
Hi,

Welcome to the Headphone tower of Babble!

Any thoughts on your headphone search?

C.

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 14
Yes, it's old!

I thought it might be nice to see a re-cap of the past year!

I have found that I am a bit of a treble head and a bit of a midrange head.

Senn HD650's do not do it for me, WAAAAY too dull sounding.
I've got a massive itch to buy a pair of Grados, maybe SR-325 (lots of treble) or RS-2i ( a bit less treble, a bit more midrange).

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 14
I've been curious of the Grado house sound myself. But it's too expensive to get Grados out here. So I got myself an MS1i. Still waiting for it, although this is on par with what the customs here are like. :\

How much darker is it compared to the HD598? I've heard the cheaper Senn for a while at a friend's place, and I quite like it, maybe with some more brightness would be good though.

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 14
I've only heard the Senn HD650 and the PX-100 ii.
So I have no real point of reference.
I also think that HD650 have a vice like grip on my head, I can't wear them for more than a few minutes.

The PX-100 ii are rather dark and a bit bass heavy, but they are just a fairly cheap pair of small open 'phones I wear at work.

I have a pair of 30 year old Senn HD424, oh man, are they bright and a bit harsh.

Grados are not cheap in Canada, either.

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #8 of 14
Wow, what a necrobump.

The HD650 is indeed quite "dull', but some people like it because of precisely that. People like me, for instance.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 14
No offence meant, a lot of folks think the Grados are WAAAAY too bright, but it is a sound that appeals to me, so who am I to judge the HD650 fans?

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
No offence meant, a lot of folks think the Grados are WAAAAY too bright, but it is a sound that appeals to me, so who am I to judge the HD650 fans?

I think they're way too bright myself, and that's why I like the HD650 in the first place.

I mean, I won't judge the people who like the LCD-2 better than the HD800 either, but I just LCD-2 is just way too bass heavy.

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #11 of 14
Then keep me away from the LCD-2!  LOL!  I've never heard one so I can't really comment.

BTW, what's a necrobump?

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 14

Quote:

Commenting on a thread that no one has replied to in a very long time.

Hey man,   what the hell.
I've started a few threads that went nowhere, maybe someone will kick start one in a year or two.  LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back